Stop giving Griftrix a hard time, holy ****.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrcwardOrc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I do that in the first min of the game. Talk about skins and stuff, ask people which is their favorite, wish them luck, etc. I don't see a problem with comradely and respect for your opponents in ranked.
Sure that is one thing, I usually do that too (although I tend to get a bit angry in ranked, I need help with that haha.)
Also noticed you are in bronze 3 aswell! Lowelobrothers <3
But do you think this idea has any solidarity or that it could be built off and developed into a part of the live game?

Notmrrunningbear

02-12-2013

RIIIIIlOOOOOOOOT

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-12-2013
41 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilisgreen View Post
Sure that is one thing, I usually do that to (although I tend to get a bit angry in ranked, I need help with that haha.)
Also noticed you are in bronze 3 aswell! Lowelobrothers <3
But do you think this idea has any solidarity or that it could be built off and developed into a part of the live game?
I'll mention it to the right people, but am I correct in the problem trying to solve? Is it that loading screens are slow and boring?

OrcwardOrc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
I'll mention it to the right people, but am I correct in the problem trying to solve? Is it that loading screens are slow and boring?
Indeed, just some form of fun/interactivity can change that. Maybe paper scissors rock/heads or tails between two random people for blue/purple sides?
I don't know if this is the issue with anyone else but I play with two friends that load their games EXTREMELY SLOW.
(I AM LOOKING AT YOU MATT AND MITCH)

meadow

02-12-2013

Quote:
Well, only if people are loading particular slow. You know, the type with hamster-powered PC engines of the nineties. Thanks to interesting skins, names, or even the tip of the match it gets less boring but it can probably only entertain me for 30 seconds or so.

How about showing some more player info in the meantime that it loads up? Or some more scrolling match tips and such when the loading time takes more time then usual.

OrcwardOrc

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadow View Post
Well, only if people are loading particular slow. You know, the type with hamster-powered PC engines of the nineties. Thanks to interesting skins, names, or even the tip of the match it gets less boring but it can probably only entertain me for 30 seconds or so.

How about showing some more player info in the meantime that it loads up? Or some more scrolling match tips and such when the loading time takes more time then usual.
Match tips get old fast, and unless they are funny or something most of the information on them becomes irrelevant after the first time it is seen, or for those with experience in the game most of the time before that.

OneVendetta

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadow View Post

Did you know...

45.7% of players who don't appreciate their opponents win their games!

Whyumai

02-12-2013

Quote:
Can you help me with this one then? I got a ton of downvotes on it, and I really don't understand why.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...51488#34551488

thanks!
you posted:

Quote:
Hello.

There is this thought exercise that a designer taught me (I forget who) to help figure out if a kit was balanceable.

If a champion's abilities did 0 damage, would the champion be playable? If the answer is no, then that means there exists some numbers where the champion (and abilities) is balanced. To me, this means that the kit isn't innately over powered, or a sign of power creep. If a kit IS balanceable, then there is nothing OP about the kit itself. If the champion is too strong, then it has to do with the balance numbers and tweaking.
1. All ADC's will correspond to the "yes" condition. If they don't then they are not a true ADC.
2. Supports will tend towards corresponding to the "yes" condition.
3. Most tanks will correspond more to the "yes" condition.
4. All casters will correspond to the "no" condition.
5. For all other champions: any champion that focuses on auto attacks will correspond more to the "yes" condition.

This means that most champions will correspond according to their role not their kit.

All champions can be built to correspond to the "yes" condition rather than the "no" condition.

The champion's kit is almost entirely irrelevant to the question.

Mhm916

02-12-2013

Quote:
I thought I mostly posted questions, opinions, and the way I feel about things. How can those be wrong?
Did you read the part where I say something about - It's fine to post info but stop posting the wrong ones? Honestly, with the way you answer things with your knowledge being SO limited in this game that it's not even funny. If you don't know a thing about the game, that's perfectly fine. But really I've seen you trying to give "tips" that is completely off that it's sad. In fact, you tried to back it up with the next 3~5 posts on the same thread and kept getting downvoted because you were the only one failed to realize you were wrong(actually, there were a few that were convinced by your reply because you were a Red, but we helped them onto the right path shortly after) and you should stop sticking onto your ego and just admit it was wrong. I'm not going to search the many threads back on it but you should know yourself unless you really ARE convinced you were right still.

Chances are I'm going to get downvoted because this is a thread made for you apparently, but really, stop posting false information to people and put more thoughts into your response. Maybe then you'll get some actual respect rather than having some guy make a thread for you and drawing all the sympathizers of yours into it.

CrazedPorcupine

02-12-2013

Hey Grift, how do you feel AS A PLAYER about the sudden increase in the strength of Health as a defensive stat during the past few weeks?

I personally feel that Health is currently too strong a stat and should be nerfed in its cost per stat. An proportional buff to the cost of Armor and resistances would be an appropriate accompiament to the change to health and would encourage tanks to bulk up on resistances. However, I feel that if Resistances are going to stay nerfed, Damage across the board needs to go up if health is the only counte, however this would cause the problem that is the same problem of resistances, there would be so many counters to Health that it would be pointless to build it, creating a cycle that has already started with the designs and balances of Champs...

Anyways what I'm saying is, what do you think AS A PLAYER, would be a good way to fix the way defenses work in order to bring back the encouragement to build resistances over health?