This is why people don't like Griftrix's responses:

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gerrikk

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
Why on earth are people picking on you so much of late? All I've seen you do is give your opinion as a player on things. Not like you are telling them that your feelings control the fate of the game..
He posts well articulated reasoned posts. This often angers much of GD as they aren't used to such things and it confuses them.

diaspao

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Seems legit. Pineapples already did this though.
you are my hero

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-12-2013
2 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfynsong View Post
From what I've seen of Griftrix, he seems fairly zealous with regard to Riot Games, and seems to play Devil's Advocate when Riot's design choices are questioned.

I don't think he's disrespectful or rude at all, but I do think that people take it a bit worse than, say, Morello, who will either admit a problem or give a damn good reason as to why it works the way it does.

However, as Griftrix says, he's not a game designer, so he can't take a position the way Morello can, because it's not in his jurisdiction within the company.

I saw the thread earlier where Griftrix was accused of comparing oranges to apples, and I don't think his arguments were as unsound as you imply. They were purely theoretical, though, so of course they can't hold as much weight as when one of the actual designers walks in and says "this was what we were thinking."

So in all, I think people are being a bit unfair and giving him a bad rap for being involved with the community.
You pretty much got it here. I have no idea what's balanced or not balanced, or what design's intentions are, so I can't speak to those. But, there are so many discussions that are interesting to me on GD that I want to participate. I just present my limited knowledge and hope that people with more experience can fill out the gaps. So far I think it has worked well. I have seen some really great objective discussions on GD.

Griftrix

02-12-2013
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
Of course he'd only post in the circle jerk thread where everyone sucks his shlong and not here in the thread directly criticizing him.
Your move Colonel J.

Sybil Cut

02-12-2013

Quote:
Your move Colonel J.
Griftrix #1 NA

Whyumai

02-12-2013

Griftrix is stronk with the straw man argument.

he has learnt well from other Rioteers

Teraxe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
You pretty much got it here. I have no idea what's balanced or not balanced, or what design's intentions are, so I can't speak to those. But, there are so many discussions that are interesting to me on GD that I want to participate. I just present my limited knowledge and hope that people with more experience can fill out the gaps. So far I think it has worked well. I have seen some really great objective discussions on GD.

I really haven't read what you have said regarding the topic, but I really like that you post. Many employees for game companies are afraid to post on forum's I love it when I see it, especially when they aren't a designer but still give their opinions about topics that are outside their area.

Angel Ven

02-12-2013

Quote:
Your move Colonel J.
Hahaha i laughed hard at this hahaha, This is another reason why i love Griftrix

Griftrix

02-12-2013
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
Griftrix is stronk with the straw man argument.

he has learnt well from other Rioteers
Usually my "straw man" arguments are meant to be hyperbole.

Colonel J

02-12-2013

Quote:
Your move Colonel J.
I'm sure you've been aware of this for a while. A long while. What are ya... Chicken?

BAUKK BAUKK BAAAUUUUK!