Stop giving Griftrix a hard time, holy ****.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YamiBelgarath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Oh wow, I guess I was wrong. Thanks!
Protip: use a random fact book to get random facts, they are more reliable than the internet. Polar bears are in fact not all left pawed.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

02-12-2013
37 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly5 View Post
Did you see my reply?

I'm not sure if you're in the position to implement this.

But could this be passed along, or could this be taken into consideration?

I just want to make sure you understand what the suggestion was, and the motivation behind the suggestion.
Yes, I think I understand.

fishnchipsmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiBelgarath View Post
Protip: use a random fact book to get random facts, they are more reliable than the internet. Polar bears are in fact not all left pawed.
exactly. in fact, all polar bears have 2 right paws.

Arcolyte

02-12-2013

Quote:
I thought I mostly posted questions, opinions, and the way I feel about things. How can those be wrong?
First off Grif, I love you, you are a teddy bear when it comes to engineers.

Please have a suspension of disbelief for the following:

But for me, Opinions can be 'wrong' if they seem to be largely based on incorrect or flawed information or logic. Since information is the foundation for logic and subsequently the created opinion or belief. So subjectively opinions can be wrong.

You may resume disbelief here.

But that is just my thought process on the subject. Above though, none of this deserves ridicule or verbal abuse.

Have a good day peoples.

Chilly5

02-12-2013

Quote:
Yes, I think I understand.
Thanks for the responses. I hope to see these animations someday.

OrcwardOrc

02-12-2013

Grif, what would the possibilities with having an interactive loading screen with the enemy and ally team able to participate in mini games, maybe just running around in a small area where they cannot attack or cast abilities and just /d'ing with each other?
I understand the technical difficulties this may present due to people with slow computers and increasing the loading screen time for this, maybe toggle able and the summoners have to have already loaded there game for them to be able to join in the pregame festivities!
(Toggle button in champion select to turn this mode on/off pre-loading screen for those with computers too slow for them etc

I appologise for the spelling/grammatical errors including the lack of punctuation. I just think this would be an interesting concept to toy around with. Maybe for pro players at tournaments they can all load up the same game and much around much like they sometimes do at the beginning of tournaments.
(I would love to see the weird troll things certain pros would come up with *cough* Dyrus *cough* maknoon *cough*.

Thankyou for your time in advance if you take the time to read (and try to understand) this.

Griftrix

02-12-2013
38 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcolyte View Post
First off Grif, I love you, you are a teddy bear when it comes to engineers.

Please have a suspension of disbelief for the following:

But for me, Opinions can be 'wrong' if they seem to be largely based on incorrect or flawed information or logic. Since information is the foundation for logic and subsequently the created opinion or belief. So subjectively opinions can be wrong.

You may resume disbelief here.

But that is just my thought process on the subject. Above though, none of this deserves ridicule or verbal abuse.

Have a good day peoples.
Those are some pretty good points. I do rely on more experienced lol players to correct me when I'm basing things on incorrect information. Thanks for the post!

Griftrix

02-12-2013
39 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilisgreen View Post
Grif, what would the possibilities with having an interactive loading screen with the enemy and ally team able to participate in mini games, maybe just running around in a small area where they cannot attack or cast abilities and just /d'ing with each other?
I understand the technical difficulties this may present due to people with slow computers and increasing the loading screen time for this, maybe toggle able and the summoners have to have already loaded there game for them to be able to join in the pregame festivities!
(Toggle button in champion select to turn this mode on/off pre-loading screen for those with computers too slow for them etc

I appologise for the spelling/grammatical errors including the lack of punctuation. I just think this would be an interesting concept to toy around with. Maybe for pro players at tournaments they can all load up the same game and much around much like they sometimes do at the beginning of tournaments.
(I would love to see the weird troll things certain pros would come up with *cough* Dyrus *cough* maknoon *cough*.

Thankyou for your time in advance if you take the time to read (and try to understand) this.
Hello,

I like what you are thinking about, but I would like to know what problem you are trying to solve. If the problem is that loading screens are long and boring, would it be better to make the loading screens faster? I also know that not everyone can load at the same speed, so that is something to think about. You do have a good point as well about not wanting to slow down loads. Maybe only giving whatever entertainment thing to people who have finished loading would help that.

OrcwardOrc

02-12-2013

I was thinking about starting a thread about this, if I did would you give me some support on the thread to help it take off? If I was going to start a concept is there a forum to post it in or just GD? Sorry new to forums!
The idea is just often there is an edge between the two teams, I like to play a lot of normals with friends and I think just bonding with the enemy team for a few minutes before the game would help to take the edge of in normals, making it more of a fun environment. Whether this would be useful in ranked or not is a different question, ranked is meant to be competitive and I get that.

Griftrix

02-12-2013
40 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilisgreen View Post
I was thinking about starting a thread about this, if I did would you give me some support on the thread to help it take off? If I was going to start a concept is there a forum to post it in or just GD? Sorry new to forums!
The idea is just often there is an edge between the two teams, I like to play a lot of normals with friends and I think just bonding with the enemy team for a few minutes before the game would help to take the edge of in normals, making it more of a fun environment. Whether this would be useful in ranked or not is a different question, ranked is meant to be competitive and I get that.
I do that in the first min of the game. Talk about skins and stuff, ask people which is their favorite, wish them luck, etc. I don't see a problem with comradely and respect for your opponents in ranked.