This is why people don't like Griftrix's responses:

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AAAND HES GONE

02-12-2013

Don't know why the downvotes.

Not hating on the guy, just telling him why his comments are ill-received.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAND HES GONE View Post
In the post that had everyone QQing, Griftrix was offering irrelevant counterpoints, like the one I illustrated in my OP.

While he was just trying to illustrate the point that utility isn't ALWAYS greater than damage, people were frustrated.

So I'm using a simple example to show him why people respond negatively to what he says.
wait, you mean A Red Herring?

Dextii

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oP RedHairShanks View Post
op is a ***
Dear OP:

Fixed.

CloudedInSanity

02-12-2013

Quote:
In the post that had everyone QQing, Griftrix was offering irrelevant counterpoints, like the one I illustrated in my OP.

While he was just trying to illustrate the point that utility isn't ALWAYS greater than damage, people were frustrated.

So I'm using a simple example to show him why people respond negatively to what he says.
Oh ok. So I see the problem. The discussion people were talking about seems to be completely opinion based. There is no exact formula for figuring out Utility vs Damage). Someone stating their opinion is nothing you can get mad at. IT IS THERE OPINION. If it was a normal person posting no one would give a ****, but since it is a Riot employee everyone freaks out?

Chill brah.

tenrel

02-12-2013

Quote:

People were frustrated because he ruined their circle jerk.

He was 100% correct. The thread was about power creep, and how new champions are hands down better than old ones, but since a lot of the oldest champions are still among the very best picks today that is clearly not true, grif just explained why it isn't true.

CloudedInSanity

02-12-2013

Can we get a link to said thread please?

AAAND HES GONE

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
Oh ok. So I see the problem. The discussion people were talking about seems to be completely opinion based. There is no exact formula for figuring out Utility vs Damage). Someone stating their opinion is nothing you can get mad at. IT IS THERE OPINION. If it was a normal person posting no one would give a ****, but since it is a Riot employee everyone freaks out?

Chill brah.
pretty much this

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonTwo View Post
wait, you mean A Red Herring?
?

i'm actually interested in this question

Darkvolcan

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextii View Post
Dear OP:

Fixed.

Colonel J

02-12-2013

Of course he'd only post in the circle jerk thread where everyone sucks his shlong and not here in the thread directly criticizing him.

1234567 ... 11