This is why people don't like Griftrix's responses:

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Colonel J

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yma Sumac View Post
he argues for the sake of arguing and is just a huge attention ***** who capitalizes on the fact that GD worships any form of red involvement.
And if he's ever wrong or gets called out...
"REMEMBER, I'M NOT A DESIGNER!!!!"

CloudedInSanity

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAND HES GONE View Post
Here's an example to illustrate:

I am arguing that oranges are better than apples.

My argument is that even though apples have more sugar (which is yummy), oranges have better flavor, so I think oranges are just a better fruit.

(Enter Griftrix)

Griftrix: "Yeah but if you added enough sugar to apples, they would eventually become the best fruit of all!"

End simulation.

Hope this clears things up for you Griftrix.
To be honest if someone said that in response to what you said, I would probably lol. Then give that guy a high five. And take him out for lunch. And then ask him to come over at night for some fun.

Snes C

02-12-2013

... I don't even understand the OP's illustration. How does this parallel Griftrix's arguments?

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
he argues for the sake of arguing and is just a huge attention ***** who capitalizes on the fact that GD worships any form of red involvement.
Oh...

sounds like i'd like him. But i love arguing for the sake of arguing myself

Quote:
And if he's ever wrong or gets called out...
"REMEMBER, I'M NOT A DESIGNER!!!!"
he's just trying to make it clear that he has no actual experience on the matter, and therefore you shouldn't feel defeated just because he made a point against you.

Just continue the argument, that's the fun of it all!

Yx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
To be honest if someone said that in response to what you said, I would probably lol. Then give that guy a high five. And take him out for lunch. And then ask him to come over at night for some fun.
This sounds extremely gay.

CloudedInSanity

02-12-2013

Quote:
Did he **** stomp your logic sometime or you just jellybronut?

FlippantFox

02-12-2013

From what I've seen of Griftrix, he seems fairly zealous with regard to Riot Games, and seems to play Devil's Advocate when Riot's design choices are questioned.

I don't think he's disrespectful or rude at all, but I do think that people take it a bit worse than, say, Morello, who will either admit a problem or give a damn good reason as to why it works the way it does.

However, as Griftrix says, he's not a game designer, so he can't take a position the way Morello can, because it's not in his jurisdiction within the company.

I saw the thread earlier where Griftrix was accused of comparing oranges to apples, and I don't think his arguments were as unsound as you imply. They were purely theoretical, though, so of course they can't hold as much weight as when one of the actual designers walks in and says "this was what we were thinking."

So in all, I think people are being a bit unfair and giving him a bad rap for being involved with the community.

tenrel

02-12-2013

People don't like him because they want him to be wrong, or agree with them since he's not a designer, but he does neither so they hate him.

CloudedInSanity

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yx View Post
This sounds extremely gay.
It could be. If you wanted it to be.

AAAND HES GONE

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snes C View Post
... I don't even understand the OP's illustration. How does this parallel Griftrix's arguments?
In the post that had everyone QQing, Griftrix was offering irrelevant counterpoints, like the one I illustrated in my OP.

While he was just trying to illustrate the point that utility isn't ALWAYS greater than damage, people were frustrated.

So I'm using a simple example to show him why people respond negatively to what he says.

123456 ... 11