For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralik098

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinterheim View Post
I really hate how people complain about Riot considering they bring us a bloody FREE game, on which you MAY spend money ( i've met some people who are convinced they NEED to get stuff with RP, insanety level: over 9000! )
The fact that you may, or may not have put money into the game is irrelevant. People that are complaining about a specific issues shows them what they could be doing better. Criticism is more useful than blind praise.

Revelationz

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
The fact that you may, or may not have put money into the game is irrelevant. People that are complaining about a specific issues shows them what they could be doing better. Criticism is more useful than blind praise.
Love you

Ralik098

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannanazaz View Post
Love you
<3

HolyChalice

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyskulll View Post
@Riot
Can we wait for more Pulsefire theme skins? or are you guys done with that? :c
They've already said they want to do more of those or skins as epic as that anyways.

Tortferngatr

02-12-2013

Hi Morello,

I agree that you guys have done an awesome job with Summoner's Rift. However, SR is not why I play the game.

I'm a big fan of Dominion and Twisted Treeline, but I really feel like a completely different company is running them--particularly the Crystal Scar. (This is ignoring the TT rework, which is why it feels more like a Riot product to me.)

I understand RiotNome is doing his best, but it seems like we get far less and far slower communication, far less support, and insufficient attention to ways Riot could improve the viability and visibility of the other maps. We wish we could get posts from the high-profile reds like you and Xypherous. We wish more Rioters were on board with improving the modes and bringing them to at least respectability compared to SR, but it's rare to receive posts not by RiotNome at all.

We would all cosplay as Nerf Bat Irelia if you, Phreak, or Xypherous talked in a Dominion or TT thread about ways to make Kassadin, Kha'Zix, Nunu, Urgot, and Jayce balanced in Kalamanda, or Darius balanced on the Shadow Isles. We just want you guys to show us more love.

Jocular

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
Usually it feels like people comment from one extreme or the other. Blind praise or unfounded rage? Both actually have their uses.

Praise, be it blind or otherwise, always makes a person feel good; when it comes to artistic creations such as videogames, incentive and the drive for success can be very important. On the other side is harsh critiques. Sometimes valid sometimes not, these are only useful if taken seriously; if presented respectfully these can be very useful. If all they serve is to dishearten the devs and/or enrage them they may just end up ignoring the useful parts of the critique.

Good communication requires two parties. And a tough subject without all the information can make it harder.

TheEnygma

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMallen View Post
Blizzard hasn't released anything good in years. I bought D3, played it for 2ish weeks and refunded it. Complete snooze-fest.
yeah man that Starcraft 2, what a horrible game

...oh wait, no it wasn't

k0nstant

02-12-2013

I thought the post from earlier in the thread about how Blizzard is so much better than Riot was pretty hilarious. I admit Blizzard does excellent artwork and their game engines are ridiculously good, but these days it's difficult for me to see any other aspect of them as more than a bad joke. What's especially hilarious is that they're quantifiably worse than Riot in pretty much everything that people are complaining about in this thread. How many times have seen Blizzard implement well-supported community suggestions? The only Blizzard employees who post in the forums are community managers, and the things they are aloud to comment on are blatantly limited. They like to sit back and brag about how happy they are with the game's balance (I'm speaking specifically to SC2 on this one) while completely ignoring the fact that they achieved that balance by destroying a huge amount of options.

k0nstant

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
yeah man that Starcraft 2, what a horrible game

...oh wait, no it wasn't
Not originally. Not the multiplayer, anyway. Too bad Blizzard slowly murdered it.

Ralik098

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocular View Post
Usually it feels like people comment from one extreme or the other. Blind praise or unfounded rage? Both actually have their uses.

Praise, be it blind or otherwise, always makes a person feel good; when it comes to artistic creations such as videogames, incentive and the drive for success can be very important. On the other side is harsh critiques. Sometimes valid sometimes not, these are only useful if taken seriously; if presented respectfully these can be very useful. If all they serve is to dishearten the devs and/or enrage them they may just end up ignoring the useful parts of the critique.

Good communication requires two parties. And a tough subject without all the information can make it harder.
True.