For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanra

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
An earnest question, what makes you feel that way?
Darius somehow got approved.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
As long they give the option to disable signature views so I can avoid god-awful, crappy signatures that serves no purpose other than to make others scroll more. Sigs are terrible.
I was thinking just no more than 5 lines of text only, but yeah, I agree. Unfortunately, that would have to be handled on Riot side. That is, unless it's a Grease Monkey Extension. Then maybe, but it would be a lot harder to make than a plugin that would just insert the text after a line within the post, and of course you would run into the whole "you can only see it if you got the script!" problem that FEK has.

Honestly, while it's not that big of a deal, I wish that basic forum mechanics like looking up your own posts should be easier than learning the correct URL or downloading 3rd party software. I mean, what forum today of any value doesn't have that?

Ansaa

02-12-2013

Quote:
We will do this skin - I'm sure of that.
Thats awesome.... Unprepared Garen though? I know Ironstylus hasn't forgotten about it.

Calderweiss

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelberry View Post
Some of the things are very easy to fix, most of the bugs with the client are most likely 1 line changes (if they aren't then there is a serious problem with your programming team who work on the client) and these are ignored. It's not obvious, everyone is aware of them even Rioters yet they go unchecked. Don't try and pull that card that "things are complex", no they really aren't (I'll give some credit to the Mac team as they're probably the ones who are working the hardest) However anything else could be considered quite binary, and if it isn't then there is a problem with the foundation that your game resides on.
Tell me how much you know about running a game client. It is quite intricate. Not everything can be a one liner that Clint Eastwood would pull off if he was into coding. Stop being sucha know it all, acting like you even know the programming Riot uses and who the programmers are, seeing how I could bet money that they are better then you. If you want to say, oh, I"m better then them and I could get hired there and prove it yadda, save the space. Acting the way you are acting probably isn't a great way to get on the fast track to be hired as a RIOT programmer.

Freon160

02-12-2013

I just have a small question.
Could we get some form of map-rotation like what's seen in DoTA 2? I understand that you guys are aware of the problems being on purple team represents, and currently have it set where the team with the highest average normal, or ranked, elo equivelant is on purple side.

However, couldn't you just simplify the entire process by giving us the option to rotate the map? I don't have much scripting or coding experience, but it honestly doesn't seem that complicated to me.

Also, if you didn't want to do that, then why not the option to just move the HUD to the top of the screen instead?

Gureedu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2013

Quote:
An earnest question, what makes you feel that way?
Killing the lore, made me sad, you guys always talk about adding depth to the game, but you guys failed on this part

Champions, while newer one's are balanced comparatively , and you nerf when champs become op, but fail to buff or fix champions that are broke, karma and victor to state

I think making us loose LP for dodging is unfair, 30 min penalty for dodge is fine, punishes the person who is trolling , but loosing lp seems unfair, if a guy is a troll on my team, i either play and loose 25 or dodge and loose 10, why am i punished for deciding not to play with a troll

IP gains reduced, champ prices 6300, while i appreciate your effort to reduce a 6300 champ ip to 4800 once every four weeks, it is still hard to buy a decent amount of champs ,especially the newer one's

Calderweiss

02-12-2013

Morello, how are you able to keep your cool with all these people? I mean you look like a calm guy. You must have Crazy op patient stats.

RiotOpti

Community Coordinator

Follow Opti on Twitter

02-12-2013
23 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdadumdoo View Post

Another suggestion, and do not take this as a personal attack: I find it annoying when you (Morello) sticky things in the General Discussion based around your interests. Though it might discuss common problems, stickies are generally used by forums to indicate must reads. Reading through 60+ posts by Riot about some balance isn't a must. This is what the Dev-tracker is for. There already is the icons depicting when a Riot staff member has posted on a thread. If the title seems interesting/relevant and you want to read through that, then you can click on the icon.
Wanted to speak to this specific topic in this post and let you know that the #FeaturedDiscussion project is actually a Community team initiative. Morello doesn't Stick these posts, though I can totally understand why it would seem this way, given that a lot of the threads featured involve his posts. In fact, the intent of this program is to highlight forum threads that show particularly interesting player-Rioter interactions. As you know, threads move really quickly on these boards, so we thought it would be cool to make these kinds of threads more visible and easier to access for the average forum-goer.

Revelationz

02-12-2013

Quote:
Well that's a bit of self-selection.

The answer is I don't know based on my previous post of not working much on balance at all these days. Xypherous has talked about this and talked why health is the superior general defense stat, by design, than armor/MR, and mentioned more tuning is needed. We just nerfed some of this last patch, right?
So what you are saying is that it is intended for everyone to build a Warmogs + Sunfirecape in S3, even characters such as Akali/Katarina/Zed

ZolrainTheGod

02-12-2013

OGplanet lol..

Good thing their losing Lost Saga.

Btw WeMade took your Soon trademark.

Their trying to be as good as you guys at listening to their players.