For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
An economist could easily make the argument by doing what Riot does it is maximizing profits anyway by appealing to a wider playbase of customers and it's this policy which attracts and continues to attract new customers (and keep current ones)---be careful with this one Morello.
The same could be said of ANY ACTION AND/OR DECISION EVER.

Jocular

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Engagement equating to business success DOES keep things honest in my mind though, which I love.
I'm glad for this as well. Though isn't it unfortunate that the necessary or best decisions are rarely perceived as such by the community? It's easy to see Morello cares by just counting all the ridiculous posts he's responded to; and with respectful/level-headed responses which are very possibly undeserved.

I'd say that the only thing Riot isn't doing well at is Public Relations. Doesn't really matter how well Riot does or doesn't do on managing funds, content, gameplay, or anything else that makes a great game if the community is unhappy with it. I just wish Morello could be in more places at once. He's already proven to me to have great design understanding, among other things.

If you're reading this Morello, grab an intern who can write and throw him on update duty. Similar to the new feeling of progression within ranked play, what needs to be done is a weekly (or bi-weekly) information spill of what's happening and where the focus is. Throw out a few solid details of how things look like they might be progressing and maybe an interesting anecdote or two. If posted on the Latest News and as regular information this would be a simple way to efficiently keep people feeling better informed and connected. Some follow up posts may also be necessary.

I believe you guys have done this (though perhaps inconsistently) in the past, and I know I've always enjoyed reading them. Thanks Morello. Too bad quantity seems to trump quality when it comes to the community and negative feedback.

DrShroob

02-12-2013

So... What does Morello think of the health stacking meta and Garen's sudden surge of popularity? Been pubstomping with him all day.

Psyclone Joker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We could do more to optimize this though if we wanted - it would just hurt players and the game to do it, so we won't.

Engagement equating to business success DOES keep things honest in my mind though, which I love.
Hurt players...like when you remove the spectator feature in order to display an over-sized ad for your latest tournament? Can you explain how that isn't something done purely to drive up stream numbers and profit? I would really like to know why whoever was in charge of this decision thinks removing features and replacing them with advertising is the best thing for your players.

whoisthatpokemon

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
They pay them to close random threads.

/sarcasm

If morello reads this, I hope they hire the guy who created FEK. Honestly, he's doing what riot should have long ago. I honestly don't think that these forums are in good shape, but with FEK, all it misses are signatures. Come to think of it, I could probably design a small plugin that would do that, if one doesn't already exist...
As long they give the option to disable signature views so I can avoid god-awful, crappy signatures that serves no purpose other than to make others scroll more. Sigs are terrible.

Roku66

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
we will do this skin - i'm sure of that.
omg!!!!!!!!!

Dms!

Kato75

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

I know you aren't that responsible for the balance anymore,but please,if you can,aswer me this

you guys do know that League of Warmogs is a consequence of League of Black Cleavers,right>
(also nerf armor+more cost)

Mr Fletcher

02-12-2013

As previous people have stated, why has RIOT stopped doing events for the players?

Ralik098

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archilles17 View Post
LOL the fact that you guys are even bothering to compare the likes of Riot to Blizzard is laughable.

Blizzard is in a whole different league and sits on a pedestal at the top of PC gaming.

The fact that you have the audacity to compare them (even if you were siding with Blizzard) is detrimental to the argument itself. No need. It's already known.
Diablo 3

Bergtau

02-12-2013

OP is rather silly. Riot not being as bad as something that's horrible doesn't mean that they can't be bad. Not saying they are, but there is always something worse out there and you can always be in a worse situation? Thought your terminal cancer was bad? Well, somebody could always be ****ting in your mouth, right? That doesn't mean you don't have terminal cancer, though.

Riot should be judged by their own merits and shortcomings.