For anyone who thinks Riot is bad, you haven't seen anything.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duke Br0heimer

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
HOLD UP!!!!

You said that this Heimer could be balanced. I can dig up that quote if you want. Pretty quickly too.

When, and why, did this change? or were you wrong from the beginning. Honestly, I would like to see what this Heimer could do, now that his turrets actually have some form of AI, and the Ult isn't interrupt-able.
Heimer's whole concept doesn't fit into League with its current implementation. A rework is inevitable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2 Swainz

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
An earnest question, what makes you feel that way?
It seems to me that Riot has been ignoring issues or sweeping them under the rug lately instead of fixing them like they used to. HP stacking could be an example of this, if the new health bars are the only change we are going to see regarding HP. There are plenty of other examples regarding balance, champs in desperate need of buffs get ignored and certain champs who need nerfs seem to have been granted immunity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaine Tog

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Because she's not as in-need as Karma or Heimerdinger, who have cool gameplay hooks but core problems that make them unbalancable.
Interesting. What would you say are their core problems, Karma especially? Why do they need full reworks rather than just numbers tweaks? Not a trick question, I'm legitimately curious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aezuriel

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I don't often play this card, but this time I think I need to - it's impossible to share the complexity of game development and the actual workflow effectively without having experienced it. Many players (and this is fair - it's not your job! ) oversimplify problems and then say some really clueless stuff like "don't be lazy - just do it." I stay my hand a LOT at that statement because it's about the most offensive and simultaneously asinine thing you can say to a developer.
I like a good flowchart...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elementz

Senior Member

02-12-2013

@Morello

Can you confirm if the Basketball Darius skin is ever going to be produced?
I know one of the reds had a go at trying to make some concepts for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exceedz

Recruiter

02-12-2013

Nexon anyone?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stickyshooZ

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
An earnest question, what makes you feel that way?
-People have been begging for at least 6 months to have new ways to combat trolling, specifically in champ select. Many ideas have been passed around that could be used to create a way to do this, and it seems like you all have had nothing to say about it. I don't get a lot of time to play League some days, so when I do get a chance, my time is precious to me and I don't want to waste my time sitting through a troll game because player X is mad that he doesn't get to play exactly what he wants or because he's on his period for some other reason.

-Replay system. It seems absurd that we still have to rely on lolreplay, which is prone to getting bugged out every time the game patches. If Starcraft had a replay system 15 years ago, I'm sure you all can do it now and do it better.

Riot does a lot of good things, but there are some basic features that other MOBA type games have that this game should have had from the beginning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KibaWolf04

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Hey Morello

Since you're so active on this thread, I just wanted to say, "Hi!" and "I hope your day is going well." lol. I met you once in Santa Monica at a Mexican Restaurant while on vacation and took a picture with you. You were a cool guy. Hopefully the forums don't stress you out too much.

Keep up the hard work man!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoltNinjA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Hi Morello, can you answer me these questions?

Who was rank #43 in Season 1?
Who was ranked #3 5v5 team by the end of Season 2? (prior preseason)
Who was ranked #101 in Solo Queue by the end of Season 2?
Who were all the team members on "God Bless You" by the end of Season 2?
What is the Season 1 Hall of Fame? The requirement for that is what Elo?
Why is challenger cap at 50 players?

There's a really good reason why I'm asking these specific questions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
I don't think it's so much a problem of balance (although Heim's current kit has a very small margin of error due to its ambivalence), but rather that it can't be balanced in a way that is satisfying in a wholesome way. Buff his turrets too much, and his hexplosives can't be satisfying. Buff his hexplosives too much, and his turrets can't be satisfying. He can't be strong at fortifying AND poking, only average at both! Hence why his turrets are kind of in a sorry state right now, and his rockets are always the best choice to max first.

There are really two ways to go about this--either get rid of his fortification play (turrets) or aggressive play (hexplosives). Since Heim's whole hook is the ability to set up and seize territory with his turrets, and we already have Ziggs for the hexplosives, the logical decision here would be to cut the hexplosives altogether and give him some abilities that actually feed into that fortification play. Helps define him as a champion too, with clear-cut strengths and weaknesses, and a solid reason to pick him over any other mage (since he'd no longer be a mage of the "generic poke and nuke" variety).
Honestly, I think he works NOW. perhaps a SLIGHT tweak to turret HP, if he needs anything. This Heimer just has a skillcap that isn't point->click. He is faster at setting up than the old heimer, who really had to rely on his team to help him set up, then had to move his area 1 turret at a time. This one could plop down 2 turrets, but unless you need 2 you shouldn't. There is alot of thought that goes into it, and it becomes quite rewarding once mastered. I just think he is underused, and that the few that had mastered the nade have either left or simply play other champs now.

He actually stands up better than most AP's now, due to his damage being more constant, like AD champs due to his turrets. His burst is pretty poke oriented, but it makes sense. He builds a fortress, then launches attacks until people get close enough to kill him.