Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArcticSirius

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Be glad I didn't name it Clementine.
Dang it parrot! Now I'm writing a short story involving that name, referencing the song "Oh My Darling, Clementine"! >_<

Neowolf24

02-10-2013

Quote:
or even worse, Polly. You'd never hear the end of the cracker jokes.

tralfalmadorian

02-10-2013

So many ppl have questions about valor y cant they just accept there overlord's (iron stylus) in game proxy has come to rule over us and rejoice?

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

3 days, no Quinn news.

da fuq?

Every day with no Quinn hints is 100 less rp ima spend on that bundle, Riot..

JarBeeKar

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
3 days, no Quinn news.

da fuq?

Every day with no Quinn hints is 100 less rp ima spend on that bundle, Riot..
Oh dear, better release everything because one person of the millions that play is unhappy. Get out of here, nobody cares.

Finch Toast

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback.

While I do agree that the writing on page four could have possibly been handled in a more subtle manner that matched the methodology of the rest of the piece, I'll defend my position to include the context of her brother's death. You're right, something like this could have simply been included in her text bio (and it actually is), but one of the goals for Quinn's journal was to convey as much about her character as possible to players, and that includes players who may never read a text bio at all. In addition, the piece already has several subtleties to the main plot, as mentioned before. Honestly, during the writing process, I was a bit concerned that readers might have a hard time following it in a few places (this has actually proven somewhat true). I deliberately chose to be heavy-handed with some detail to avoid too much of that problem.

Could I have done it the other way around? Heavy-handed with plot details, light touch on deeper character motivation? Probably. Should I have omitted the information about Caleb's death and its impact on Quinn? Personally, I don't believe so. Heavy-handed as I might have been with it, I'm glad that players are very clearly aware of what Quinn's brother meant to her. Hopefully, the majority can see how it informs the rest of her character overall.

Again, thanks for the feedback. I'll keep all of this in mind for the next piece I tackle.
Awh. :c
Brother confirmed dead.

Edit:
Guess it already was though because Quinn does write "this part of the forest died the day you did" Or maybe she just thinks hes dead..............!?!?
Even RiotRunaan doesn't know. The plays!

Kise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

Don't like humor? I bet you're the type to rage in games.

o_o

Sylph

Emissary of the League

02-10-2013

Quote:
Orange you glad that I didn't name it Clementine? Hehe :-)

Money Making

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
Orange you glad that I didn't name it Clementine? Hehe :-)
if IS made that pun I think i would stop loving him

Pirateelfdog

02-10-2013

Does Riot have a policy about interns later getting hired as full time workers?