Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SilverStorm

02-08-2013

Unleash the KRA-QUINN!!!

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Were not getting much insight out of 6 pages.
Actually, there's plenty of insight there.

We've seen Demacia's upper class, but Quinn is the first exploration of the lower class of Demacia that we've encountered. Her reminiscence about Caleb reveals that they wanted to gain "honor" - something that seems to be restricted from the lower class/peasants.

We also get to see a bit more of the way Demacia is run. Much like your Renaissance Fair, decrees from the King are written/printed and posted throughout the city and surrounding areas under Demacian rule, and the moral standards of Demacia create a pressure on people to act.

Quinn's journal even develops more of Garen and Jarvan IV's lore - by characterizing their reaction to her suspicions about Talon/the decree, we are given more insight into Garen's trust of the crown, and Jarvan IV's more Solomonic nature.

TheFinalAeon

02-08-2013

And then it was revealed that Caleb was actually Talon the entire time.

Carmilia

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Were not getting much insight out of 6 pages.
Might have to wait and have a little of her lore background. x:

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

02-08-2013
37 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solari Brigadier View Post
Actually, there's plenty of insight there.

We've seen Demacia's upper class, but Quinn is the first exploration of the lower class of Demacia that we've encountered. Her reminiscence about Caleb reveals that they wanted to gain "honor" - something that seems to be restricted from the lower class/peasants.

We also get to see a bit more of the way Demacia is run. Much like your Renaissance Fair, decrees from the King are written/printed and posted throughout the city and surrounding areas under Demacian rule, and the moral standards of Demacia create a pressure on people to act.

Quinn's journal even develops more of Garen and Jarvan IV's lore - by characterizing their reaction to her suspicions about Talon/the decree, we are given more insight into Garen's trust of the crown, and Jarvan IV's more Solomonic nature.

TLCpl Lestat S46

02-08-2013

I Main Talon, I Accept Your Challenge Quinn, IMA **** YOU UP!!!

PlatypusFang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

I would really like it if you made some way of viewing Teasers (past and future) in the client in the Lore tab, maybe in a similar fashion to how the skins are viewable

moltres27

02-08-2013

C'mon you ripped off your own champions =Ashe hawk shot...same kinda skill

Yaknose

02-08-2013

I really like this; I haven't really followed much lore at all, but this has been fun. (More please!)

MTaur

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
It isn't intended to be a substitute for deeper lore. We're still developing other mediums to tell more expansive stories, but that doesn't mean we can't dig deeper on each champion release in terms of characterization and story, too.
It is an improvement over the old teasers by a few small steps, like it's sort of inching along. And I am aware that quite often people harp on you guys for months or years when you're actually working on it the whole time behind closed doors (stealth rework when?!?!?!?). But it's safer for use to remind you guys that we still have things on the radar than not (and vice versa).