can my land lord evict me for being unemployed?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pius Leviticus

Senior Member

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
nuh uhuh, that's asking for legal advice, which cannot be provided to you without committing malpractice and/or pretending to be a lawyer licensed to practice law in North Carolina.
well, sht. thanks anyway though! and sorry for wasting your time


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pius Leviticus

Senior Member

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
He can't evict you for not having a job.

As long as you can show that you have paid rent, the most he could do is try to have you forcibly removed through the courts. This process would end the moment you showed proof that you have always paid your rent. This is nearly universal, but check your local and state codes to verify it, or call Legal Aid for assistance.
thanks! unfortunately for me i just withdraw from an ATM, and i don't have any receipts


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lukertin

Member

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius Leviticus View Post
well, sht. thanks anyway though! and sorry for wasting your time
please look at my last post again


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius Leviticus View Post
thanks! unfortunately for me i just withdraw from an ATM, and i don't have any receipts
jesus christ in the future think about what you're doing.

never enter into a contract that isn't written when the matter deals with more than $50
don't do things that don't leave paper trails regarding money


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pius Leviticus

Senior Member

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
p
jesus christ in the future think about what you're doing.

never enter into a contract that isn't written when the matter deals with more than $50
don't do things that don't leave paper trails regarding money
i just wanted to help her out financially by looking after her dad, i wasnt thinking i know! it started two years ago... i was young!!!! well, younger....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lukertin

Member

02-08-2013

basically your landlord could threaten to evict you and sue you for past rent, and you would be ****ed...because you basically have zero record of paying him any rent!

Weekly ATM withdrawal? "oh your honor, that's clearly him withdrawing living expenses every week"


GG OWNED


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pius Leviticus

Senior Member

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
basically your landlord could threaten to evict you and sue you for past rent, and you would be ****ed
it k, i know he hasn't included all the rent in his taxes, thousands of dollars over the two years so if he takes it to court i'll have the IRS do an audit or something
but i doubt he'll even take it to court. that's just your scenario


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lukertin

Member

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius Leviticus View Post
it k, i know he hasn't included all the rent in his taxes, thousands of dollars over the two years so if he takes it to court i'll have the IRS do an audit or something
except it's all cash, unless he deposits cash in the bank (who does that), you are still owned

Quote:
but i doubt he'll even take it to court. that's just your scenario
lol, if he wants to evict you, he MUST take you to court


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pius Leviticus

Senior Member

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
except it's all cash, unless he deposits cash in the bank (who does that), you are still owned


lol, if he wants to evict you, he MUST take you to court
he is paranoid about things, to the point where he doesn't even use credit cards. he still uses credit cards. but from what i've gathered, i'm just going to find another place. thank you for your help


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius Leviticus View Post
thanks! unfortunately for me i just withdraw from an ATM, and i don't have any receipts
Well, you are shafted, start packing the bags....literally. If he wants you out, and you have no proof of payments to him, or a rental or lease agreement, you are done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LT Orange Juice

Member

02-08-2013

It's all about what's in the contract you signed. If it says mush be employed then yes. You should have gotten your own copy of it.


123