Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneDaySlater

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
There's different ways of looking at a rebel archetype. On one hand you have the lighthearted type where she jokes, spits, spouts one-liners and not caring for authority.

Then you have something more along the lines of Batman, fights for justice and peace while being dark and brooding.......hey what a minute. Did IronStylus just create Batman?!
No, you're talking about Vayne who has been out for like a year now and is also a Demacian vigilante.

Ansaa

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySquirrel View Post
I know not what you mean. An army cannot go everywhere? There are places where swords cannot clash? What about spears?
- Pantheon and co.
It means you can't assassinate people and do tricky political/stealthy work with a giant army, you need one skilled assassin.

PS I wonder if Vayne will play any part in this: She is a shadowy demacian assassin too.

Harrow

Associate Creative Designer

02-07-2013
5 of 63 Riot Posts

Good old Demacian "Justice." Select a victi...er, suspect based on vague circumstantial evidence and send a brigade of shiny-armored children playing at soldier to go murder them.

Calibretto9

02-07-2013

This thread makes me want to start a custom game, load up Garen and just bask in his awesomeness.

Baron Bodacious

02-07-2013

Batman champion incoming.

TheEnygma

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestitor View Post
No, you're talking about Vayne who has been out for like a year now and is also a Demacian vigilante.
I'm just saying the idea of a "rebel" is a bit more distinct when compared to Vi. She may be rebellious but that Starbuck style isn't the only kind of rebel there is

CorruptDictator

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
Good old Demacian "Justice." Select a victi...er, suspect based on vague circumstantial evidence and send a brigade of shiny-armored children playing at soldier to go murder them.
Sounds about right.

Ding an Sich

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Savik View Post
Can she not be another rebel who plays by nobody's rules but her own? Because we kinda just got Vi.......

I mean, I like the idea of a rogue demacian agent, but these Riot posts make her sound like Vi's demacian cousin.
Vi is actually vastly different. She's forced to be lawful, but by nature she is chaotic neutral. Quin while also being on chaotic side (as is someone like shaco however), is chaotic good. That is to say: for Quin it wouldn't be about the means, it's about using the means to get to a desired Good end point.

Plus regardless of a story driven similarity (I would argue they are close together in lore, but not in play style. Versus Darius and Jayce who both dunk, but have different stories), if Quinn is the new ad carry, then she will feel very different which in the end is more important.

That's not to say a story isn't important, but you can only go so far until certain characters share multiple tropes, it is more the actual in use style and how they feel which will better define and separate them.

Snailygoat

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
I really hope she catches the assassin. The streets of Demacia feel so much less safe with hooligans and ruffians running about unchecked.
She's an anti assassin?

So is she also an anti anti mage?

lahwxy

02-07-2013

So Quinn is sent to kill Talon ??? Check Talon's sneak peak.....