Can u drop from gold --> silver ---> bronze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nome

02-07-2013

Or just tier 1--->2--->3---->4----------->5?

SilencedSummoner

02-07-2013

idk

Heal n Peel

02-07-2013

You can only drop in Divisions (I - V), you keep your Tier (Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc.).

Vagenis

02-07-2013

once your in a tier, ie gold silver bronze you can never lose that only drop to the lowest division. after 28 days of never playing you will get elo decay an i think can maybe get demoted from gold to silver

DeathBySky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

You Drop tiers for losing LP. I think you can drop down divisions if you become inactive and other people surpass you/ kick you out of your rank, but I'm not sure.

xLoCo

02-07-2013

Like they said you wont lose tier just divisions but, that doesn't mean you stay that ELO. You could be Gold D5 but be playing at or with bronze players if you are really that bad. (just and example for it you lose a lot at the bottom of the group)

Bird of Hermees

02-07-2013

Yes. For example - if you are at 0 LP and you lose 2 games in a row at Gold 5, you will drop down to Silver 1. Then you will have to win 3 out of 5 games just to get back to Gold 5.

Pretty unfair.

Vagenis

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird of Hermees View Post
Yes. For example - if you are at 0 LP and you lose 2 games in a row at Gold 5, you will drop down to Silver 1. Then you will have to win 3 out of 5 games just to get back to Gold 5.

Pretty unfair.
wrong
you will not go down to silver 1, once your gold your stuck there forever, if your gold 5 an you lose 3 times at 0 lp you will just have a hard time getting lp in the gold division because your hidden elo/mmr is tanking alot when your losing at 0 lp. but you will never go down a tier not even if you lose 1000 matchs at 0 lp in gold divison 5, also if you do this you will be gold 5 but playing with the most trolls/baddies in the entire game because your elo will be so low that you will only get maybe 2-3 lp per win an take forever to climb out of gold 5

migty1joe

02-07-2013

yes if you go inactive for long time, but you cant drop with lossing games

Shehryar

02-07-2013

The only way you can drop from gold to silver, silver to bronze is if you are in Division V and you are inactive for more than 2 weeks. You lose LP each week and if your LP goes below 0 you drop a tier