MASSIVE Leagues bug EXTREME GLITCH

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kojolika

02-05-2013

That's actually grammatically correct.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oux View Post
Reminds me of Kung Pow "Try my face to your foot style! Ha! I am bleeding making me the victor!"

"We taught him wrong, as a joke."
Oh god, that movie, lol.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

02-05-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oux View Post
I did earlier.

Darius' is plural meaning 2 or more Darius (If Darius was a last name it could be John Darius and Martha Darius) own something.

Darius's is singular meaning Darius owns something.

Both ARE correct IF (and I can't stress this enough) they are used in the proper situation. Since there is only one (thank god) Darius it has to be Darius's. Darius' makes zero sense.

Saying you can use either is lazy at worst, and ignorant at best.
Be careful here. Darius' implies that there are two or more Dariu, or some singular form of Darius, which is nonsense. If there were two people named Darius and you wanted to refer to them both at once, they would be "the Dariuses" (alt. "the Darii"). However, this comes up so rarely in common parlance that it sounds strange.

Let us remember Office Space:

"I got a meeting with the Bobs in a couple of minutes."

Ralik098

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Be careful here. Darius' implies that there are two or more Dariu, or some singular form of Darius, which is nonsense. If there were two people named Darius and you wanted to refer to them both at once, they would be "the Dariuses" (alt. "the Darii"). However, this comes up so rarely in common parlance that it sounds strange.

lol

Suda

02-05-2013

so darius wizards?

Publius101

02-05-2013

Quote:
well if we're going by Latin rules, the possessive of darius would be darii, as would the plural, while the possessive plural would be dariorum or darium if you're being poetic. Ironically, if Darius was a 4th declension noun, its plural would be Dariu, which is the opposite of what you said. Oh and the possessive would be Darius for singular and Dariuum for plural.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:

I had a meeting with the Bobii once, but everyone kept thinking I just met someone named Bobby. How wrong they were.

highrez

02-05-2013

You're all missing the point. :O

What does Darius have to do with wizards?

ThisWillHurtYou

02-06-2013

Here is what my text book says, "When a singular noun ends with an s or a z sound you may form the possessive by adding just an apostrophe. When the singular noun is a one-syllable word, however, you usally add both an apostrophe and an s to form the possessive."
Examples:
San Carlos' government (or) San Carlos's government (two-syllable word)
Ross's essay (one-syllable word)
The class's field trip (one-syllable word)

Herald

02-06-2013

According to TheOatmeal
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe
Both are okay!
Since it is a possessive name ending in 's'