Put Eve back the way she was Please

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JGJ316

02-05-2013

Just changing her ult back to % of max instead of % of current would do wonders to get her out of the new Evetier and back into viability. As a player that used it to initiate (as it should be used), the reduction in her burst from DFG + her ult just... no. I can't burst anyone down now, not even squishy carries. If you lead with DFG, you lose a lot of damage from her ult. If you lead with her ult, you lose the damage amplification on DFG affecting her ult and the damage from it's actvate. It's just a lose-lose situation.

(This only has a big impact on AP Eve obviously... It's like Riot just wants her to stop being played AP, succumb and buy a Triforce. Freakin' Phreak...)

DarkApotheosis

02-05-2013

Her ultimate really pissed me off so much the other day. I chased kassadin, who was at about 25% health from the middle of dominion to his base I couldn't even kill him while using all my spells, R E W Q. As I started out with my ultimate, I use Ravage.. his health slowly ticked away.. he flashes i use my speed boost, hate spike about 7 times still not dead i'm about to go oom. Oh look two of his team members, im dead in 2 seconds. I was around levels 8-11 If i can remember clearly..

chezwickcheese

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Teemo View Post
Funny Scarra just said she was stronger now than she was before.
Snap

Rampant Poncho

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGJ316 View Post
Just changing her ult back to % of max instead of % of current would do wonders to get her out of the new Evetier and back into viability. As a player that used it to initiate (as it should be used), the reduction in her burst from DFG + her ult just... no. I can't burst anyone down now, not even squishy carries. If you lead with DFG, you lose a lot of damage from her ult. If you lead with her ult, you lose the damage amplification on DFG affecting her ult and the damage from it's actvate. It's just a lose-lose situation.

(This only has a big impact on AP Eve obviously... It's like Riot just wants her to stop being played AP, succumb and buy a Triforce. Freakin' Phreak...)
The math was done in a previous thread not long ago and there is almost no difference in damage between using her ult or DFG first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulkan View Post
Let me do the math for you.

You attack a full health target,
Rank 2 Ult, no ap

Ult first: -20%, dfg -15% = 65% health
DFG first: -15% = 85% -20*1.2 = -24%. 24% of 85 = 20.4% -> 64.6% health

Rank 3 Ult, no ap
Ult first: -25%, dfg -15% = 60% health
DFG first: 85% - 25*1.2 = -30%. 30% of 85 = 25.5 -> 59.5%

Rank 3 Ult, 500 AP
Ult first: -30%, dfg -15% = 55% health
DFG first: 85% - 30*1.2 = -36%. 36% of 85 = 30.6 -> 54.4%

So you can clearly see, that DFG first is very slightly better, but it's almost not noticeable. Basically per 1% dmg on your ult, dfg first is 0.02% max health better.

On a half health target with Rank 2 Ult, no ap

ult first: -10%-15% = 25%
dfg first: 35% health after dfg, 24% of 35 = 8.4 -> 26.6% health left

Also, the lower your target is, the better ult first becomes. But still the difference is minor.
He pointed out later in the thread that "90% max health is the break even point, where ult first and dfg first do exactly the same damage. Below that ult first is better and above that DFG first is better."

Riot isn't going to change her ult back to % max hp because they outright said they didn't want it to be an execute. Reverting her ult to do % max hp would change it back to exactly what Riot doesn't want to have happen. Quit complaining about a change and learn to adapt to a new play style of the champion. Eve is still very strong and an incredible ganker/snowballer.

Nethiem

02-06-2013

I don't post normally so I'll make this brief.

I've done game development before, even went to college for it.

Evelynn shouldn't of been nerf so severely. changing her Ult, while her skills less powerful made her "Useless" on the field. She's a Unique character to play, as I know, even myself played her repeatedly and enjoyed her playing style. What you all have done to make her was beautiful, however the catch what you've done with this update with Evelynn, has destroyed her beauty about her character, as well as her ability to play.

Evelynn wasn't needed to be changed unlike some other characters that needed more focused, example the newer characters that have came out. Not bashing onto your decision however, the overall idea what you have done to her.. Not worth playing anymore, as she was just a fun character to play. You just completely turned it up side down.

List of things before the patch that kept her quite balanced.

Low HP
Vision/Oracle
relies on team (Major)

Later on she can become a monster if played well. cause she has played well, she should deserve the benefit of earning what she has done. If she does poorly in the beginning, it severely hampers her.

Perks I will list

stays stealthed
had good AP damage
Could pull out of the box tactics
Great for leading kiting players into traps (again teamwork)

just some minor things to mention before change.

I understand that you're trying to please the entire player community as well as taking in account between development and player feedback, thus I commend you for doing so far a good job into taking account what everyone says.

Hopefully my voice here is heard quite well as I too develop games as well.

To put it simple, you overkilled Evelynn. She's not a character I main as. Trying repeatedly as of late to enjoy what you've done to keep things balanced, I severely tried to play her as I normally did. again, I feel no fun or love for Evelynn due to the update.

I plea, telling another developer to another, serious problem right here on Evelynn, and I'm again, one not to normally post comments or suggestions. It's that dire before Evelynn is just blown off and not cared for.

As for a player's point of view, suggestion of what I think should be to help balanced before the pre-patch, Yes, her ult was quite powerful, however i wouldn't of done the by % of enemy player's current HP. There are "MANY ULTS" that do such more damage. I'll list multiple examples.

Darius
Amumu
Katrina
Lux
Draven

Just some examples, and there are more. If you were worried about her ult being that powerful, keep it the same before the current update patch, and instead lower the amount of damage you do with the ult in total. If that is also the case you would do, I would also suggest adding more HP to her for the lack of damage, allowing her to take more than "A" shot.

Literally, she can be walked over quite quickly, as she always as able to be if not careful.
Only reason why she turns so powerful is cause people learned how to play with her. People who learned how to play with her don't even touch her anymore as now I have until new update with her fixes a lot of the things wrong with her currently.

This is my plea to Leagues, as a player, as well as a developer. maybe you guys been just to focus and haven't taken a step back. Just giving a heads up for the Development community. Good luck, and I hope you bring back the spirit of Evelynn

"Edit" Forgot to mention, what i mean by "Just some examples, and there are more. If you were worried about her ult being that powerful, keep it the same before the current update patch, and instead lower the amount of damage you do with the ult in total. If that is also the case you would do, I would also suggest adding more HP to her for the lack of damage, allowing her to take more than "A" shot."

Just set a static damage amount instead, and for her shield, applies total by each character entrap in her Ultimate, keeping that skill the same as it was before. Think a Static number be better than a Max% or Current Enemy Health %. Just Saying.

Thanks for reading. Nethiem

Cretinok

02-06-2013

She was too strong before and Riot clearly stated that they dont want her ult used as an execute, especially when it can execute multiple targets if they close to together.

If you want it to go back to % MAX health, then it will have to be tweaked. Either Reduce it to 20% and remove its AP scaling. Or keep it at 25% with AP scaling but make it a single target ability, not an AOE.

Or it can still hit multiple targets but only through bouncing with reduced damage for each enemy hit: Max 3 targets: 25% first target, 20% second, 15% third.

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-06-2013

The Return of Eve Tier.

ErosAoA

02-10-2013

Please put Eve back the way she was. Thanks!

Baliverne

02-10-2013

To the person who said she was stronger than she was before....did he mean before this patch? If so how can being less mana efficient, do less damage and have shorter range make you stronger than you were before?

Xarue

02-10-2013

agreed, back then she was banned. that new passive sucks.

12345678 ... 11