Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pieceofpecanpie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

I have a theory...

This issue is like history repeating itself, Australia's colonial history at least. So people who get banned will be unbanned in the year 2226 or something like that. Consider they are a modern day First Fleet, the banned accounts as the convicts. So instead of sending them sailing across the seas far far away, these modern convicts have been sent sailing off into the far distant future. It is in that future time that an Australian LoL server will be discovered and utilised as a place for these time-traveling convicts. They will find a home there, troll the established authority regularly, and within time grow to become a different but all too similar beast more than capable of being ignored.

Riot have created an ouroboros for Australian history! Bravo!

Kousey

02-05-2013

riot doesnt care about you kids

target1

Director of Operations

02-05-2013
2 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dund4ncy View Post
Regardless of whether you're a troll or an actual Riot worker, this post is just about as informative as Morello's.
Sorry, my account was not properly flagged, it is now. I can assure you once we have a solid date for launching any new region it will get announced and you can expect us to deliver.

The simple fact is we do not yet have a date for when this will happen, but there are many of us here interested in seeing the experience being improved there. We hear your pleas.

target1...

NZ Firetruck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by target1 View Post
Sorry, my account was not properly flagged, it is now. I can assure you once we have a solid date for launching any new region it will get announced and you can expect us to deliver.

The simple fact is we do not yet have a date for when this will happen, but there are many of us here interested in seeing the experience being improved there. We here your pleas.

target1...
Hey, thanks for letting us know that Riot actually cares. That's all we wanted. <3

Werewolf

Adjudicator

02-05-2013

target1,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Unfortunately the information you provided is essentially what was provided by a previous Rioter quoted below in July 2012:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGoGoGo View Post
Hi guys, sorry for our silence on this thread.

We know you’re playing under bad pings and suffering from peak-hour patch-time and that’s not cool. We’ve been investigating the issue for quite awhile already. I personally visited Sydney a few months ago and had a chance to talk to a lot of people in the industry and got some insight into the problem.

Our research is still ongoing, but we’re learning a lot and making progress evaluating various solutions. We’re dedicated to improving your Leagueof Legends experience, so please accept our apology for the delay.
Your time to sort through this long thread is appreciated, but are you able to advise of any progress of the situation from 9 months ago until now?

I'm sure what the players of this region want to hear is if there has been any progression in this topic to allow players of the Oceanic region to experience the game with an acceptable latency. Has the past 9 months seen no update in this matter? or perhaps is there something that Oceanic players can look forward to by the end of 2013?

With the brand new Ranked League system, I am sure that Riot would love to see the players of all major regions being able to compete fairly against players of their own regions who have similar connections to each other and the servers. Attempting to compete in a Ranked Ladder environment when some players have 30 ping and other players have 300 is not very reasonable considering how great new Ranked system is. Most of the Oceanic players will attempt to do well in their Ranked Ladder and some of them may rank very highly, but it is just a negative handicap that we always have to deal with, which in the context of E-Sports, is something that should not be considered acceptable.

tl;dr target1: Please advise if there has been any real progress expanding down to Australia or if there is some hope for this region by the end of 2013.

Edit: Even if it is a plan for Season 4, some update would be better than nothing. I'm sure many of the competitive Aussies and NZers would like to enjoy the ever growing E-Sports community of League of Legends.

Arctic Bro

02-05-2013

hear*

JFat

02-05-2013

Quote:

The simple fact is we do not yet have a date for when this will happen, but there are many of us here interested in seeing the experience being improved there. We here your pleas.

target1...
We don't mind if it isn't a solid date! as long as its a time frame we can look forward to, eg by the end of 2013.

xNorthlane

02-05-2013

Bumping for more red responses.

Duke of Mantua

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
target1,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Unfortunately the information you provided is essentially what was provided by a previous Rioter quoted below in July 2012:

Your time to sort through this long thread is appreciated, but are you able to advise of any progress of the situation from 9 months ago until now?

I'm sure what the players of this region want to hear is if there has been any progression in this topic to allow players of the Oceanic region to experience the game with an acceptable latency. Has the past 9 months seen no update in this matter? or perhaps is there something that Oceanic players can look forward to by the end of 2013?

With the brand new Ranked League system, I am sure that Riot would love to see the players of all major regions being able to compete fairly against players of their own regions who have similar connections to each other and the servers. Attempting to compete in a Ranked Ladder environment when some players have 30 ping and other players have 300 is not very reasonable considering how great new Ranked system is. Most of the Oceanic players will attempt to do well in their Ranked Ladder and some of them may rank very highly, but it is just a negative handicap that we always have to deal with, which in the context of E-Sports, is something that should not be considered acceptable.

tl;dr target1: Please advise if there has been any real progress expanding down to Australia or if there is some hope for this region by the end of 2013.
+1

R3dund4ncy

02-05-2013

Quote:

target1...
WOOOOOO RIOT POST!!!!!

What I mean by uninformative still stands. This 'information' is just a sycophantic paraphrasing of what most people regard as common sense. I mean this in the most unbiased way and intend no offense, but you seriously have to admit that some of you Riot guys would make for fantastic politicians.

Anyway, thank you for at least bothering to show interest in this thread, it's good to know that Riot is still maybe thinking about a solution, which is all we could realistically ask for, particularly with everything else that Riot is up to right now (S3, globalization of esports, etcetera).