remove surrender function from ranked

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snowdayy

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hytamo View Post
If I am down 10 kills and 5 towers at 20, I want to surrender.
This is one of the reasons baddies are stuck in low elo.

They have a bad mentality and they don't try when it gets tough.

Surrender

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAuThopSy View Post
This is one of the reasons baddies are stuck in low elo.

They have a bad mentality and they don't try when it gets tough.
yes, it's annoying as **** when people surrender in gold because we're down 5 kills at 20 minutes. people just want spoonfed games where they dont have to try

RiotJackal

Marketing Associate

02-05-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I always like to play out my game except in the most extreme of circumstances. Weirder things have happened than clawing our way out of a 10-kill deficit, and the rush from a victory like that is the real reason I play this game!

Ryios

02-05-2013

If it's ranked, I don't care how far I'm down, I'm not giving up until our nexus dies. It's ranked, you want to freely volunteer to give up LP and MMR? Sure we could be loosing unconditionally, but I'm not going to quit, it's not in my nature. I play, even when I'm loosing because I learn 10 times more getting my teeth bashed in than I do pub stomping them.

Why is it in this world, whenever something is hard, everybody wants to give up. Those who try succeeed, or learn from their mistakes.

Now I understand that many times you are on a team and you are really really good, but your other 4 team mates are really bad, so you toss up the surrender. Not me, I try as hard as I can to save my team, kill their team, do w/e I can to the best of my ability, because I learn to get better doing it.

People say it's a waste of time? How so? If you were winning and it was a 50 minute match how is that any different than the time wasted on a 50 minute losing match? The only difference is winning vs loosing. So people have 50 minutes to win but they feel they don't have 50 minutes to lose? If you had 50 minutes to play, you should still have 50 minutes to play. It's not a waste of time, everyone is learning.

1. They are learning, hey, we need a better team comp, this 4 ap mages is bad. Or these two adc tops was bad, we needed a jungler...
2. They are learning not to chase singed
3. They are learning why wards are necessary

etc
etc
etc

Sweetwill62

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Why not make the surrender require all 5 people or just everyone on the team in case someone has a baby or their cat is on fire or something and has to leave?

Ryios

02-05-2013

Imo, their are better solutions for leavers than a surrender button.

Pausing with a 5 minute match disbander would be better than that. Surrendering cause you to take a loss. Having a leaver shouldn't cause you to take a loss. But how do you prevent someone from pulling their network wire when they are about to lose?

Maybe they could make it so that, which ever team has the most gold earned/towers down/kills etc at the time of the leaver becomes the winner. In some cases that would be the instant the match started so if the leaver didn't come back the team with the leaver could agree to disband and the game wouldn't count.

The Omnivious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotJackal View Post
I always like to play out my game except in the most extreme of circumstances. Weirder things have happened than clawing our way out of a 10-kill deficit, and the rush from a victory like that is the real reason I play this game!
This

SpAceWaffLeS

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrender View Post
tired of low-morale babies that give up at 20 minutes because we're down 5 kills. please remove that trash. how the **** are people supposed to even try to win if you can just go "LOL OH WELL WE CAN JUST HIT A BUTTON AND GIVE UP"
What about when your down 15 kills and have an afk?

Should I be forced to sit at my computer for 40 minutes while you sit there afk farming top waiting for us to lose.

I agree people surrender too often and too easily. But sometimes even waiting 20 minutes is a giant waste of my life.

imaloony

02-05-2013

Our team was down by about 5 kills, our Jungle Darius disconnected, and the enemy team was up a dragon. Still, we pushed forward. I took the reins and told everyone to stick together, that we had to outnumber them every time we saw them. Renekton and I (Taric) began to facetank horrendous amounts of damage while Varus and Katarina picked them apart. We aced them and pushed them to their base. Then Darius returned and we beat them in the end.

#neversurrender

TaNKeD

02-05-2013

To the people 'but but...I have 2 afk...it'll be a 60 minute game now'

That's impossible. If you're losing that horribly by the 20 minute mark then it might take an extra 4 minutes for the other team to finish rolling you over

It's closer games where people give up without having a single team fight that annoy me the most and the reason I hate the surrender option

You surrender when your nexus gets blown up

1234567 ... 11