Concern about Inactivty rating Decay for Season 3

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velerean

02-04-2013

=/ Maybe I should just quit for good

Samurai Jack 3

02-04-2013

yeah you can decay into lower tiers if you are above bronze

once you enter bronze then you will lose no LP for inactivity

the decay is no reason to quit league, but if you have a better reason than maybe

Velerean

02-04-2013

I want to know if elo decay exists. I don't want to quit for a few months to come back and have to play with and against players who are worse than I am.

I don't really care about my league as long as I'm playing with and against players of similar skill.

Velerean

02-05-2013

Bump

Yegg

Game Designer

Follow Yegg on Twitter

02-05-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerean View Post
Hello,

I've always been a really on and off player, for any game, really. At times, I find myself playing a game nonstop for months at a time and then not touching it for months (usually due to burnout). Right now, I'm in one of my break phases from League. I can't bring myself to even play a normal when I log in. If I do play, I'll just mess around in a custom game for a few minutes or play an ARAM.

Right now, in ranked, I don't have any elo decay because I"m below 1400, and I'm fine with this. I wouldn't like to be feel pressured to continue to play a game that I need a break from.

Anyway, here's my question: Is there a certain point where you will not continue to decay LPs? I know that the elo system will still exist, but remain hidden, so will the decay only affect players who are in higher rated leagues?

Edit:

Also, will the decay be limited to LPs or will your mmr/elo decay as well?
LP decay kicks in after 28 days and then every 7 days after that. While you're inactive, you're hidden from the ladder view for everyone except yourself. The amount of LP that you lose per decay period scales based on the tier that you're in:

Bronze - 0
Silver - 10
Gold - 25
Platinum - 35
Diamond - 50

So Bronze players don't actually lose LP over time, although they'll still be hidden while inactive.

Your MMR will not decay in the new system, although we have eventual plans to make it decay slightly if you haven't been playing League and then given back to you as you start playing again. This is to account for the fact that you're probably rusty but once you shake that off you'll be as good as you were before.

Irisaurus Rex

02-05-2013

mmr not decaying? im liking it. and 28 days before lp decay? also liking that

Tonixs

02-05-2013

That is pretty harsh with it upping to 7 days after 1 month. I understand you want people to be active. I guess my only question, is roughly how long do you have to be inactive before you drop a tier?

Hexenir

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
LP decay kicks in after 28 days and then every 7 days after that. While you're inactive, you're hidden from the ladder view for everyone except yourself. The amount of LP that you lose per decay period scales based on the tier that you're in
Ok, we lost LP if inactive, but is it possible to drop Divisions just for inactivity?

Iyufa

02-05-2013

so do we have to play ranked every month to prevent our LP from decaying?

or just play any game modes ?

Macaroni

02-05-2013

Had to be a ranked game to avoid decay