Man... Sion's model is terrible.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

idyemyhairbrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Sion definitely needs some love. What would your expectation for an update be? His current (typical) gameplay doesn't really lend itself to 'beefy guy with axe'. Do you think we'd need to change the kit or visuals in order to get something cohesive, or would you be satisfied with a straight improvement of his looks with his current abilities?
I actually still enjoy playing him AD. Please don't change his entire kit around to make AD Sion unviable.

Vanra

02-05-2013

Quote:
Sion definitely needs some love. What would your expectation for an update be? His current (typical) gameplay doesn't really lend itself to 'beefy guy with axe'. Do you think we'd need to change the kit or visuals in order to get something cohesive, or would you be satisfied with a straight improvement of his looks with his current abilities?
Replace his faux elephant feet with real elephant feet.

Mansa TChalla

02-05-2013

Sion needs love from all of riot, visual and balance wise.

Xephen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaphasCainX View Post
Good Ames, because that's what I was going for. He needs less of all of what he is now, and more of all of what he should be. Also, you just like.. Dragon Trolled me. I don't know if that's a thing, but if it isn't, it should be.
It wasn't but Ames made it a thing by doing it to you. Good points with Sion though I agree whole heartedly.

Gesang der Raben

02-05-2013

I think that with Sion, you need to look at where he came from (Noxus) and how he came back (Necromancers). His Q, W, and R are all fine in terms of ability, but suffer from their poor graphics. (Ult especially). His E lack consistency and probably should be changed completely. His passive seems odd and inconsistent as well. Give his passive an on hit effect maybe, that causes him to take scaling reduced damage from enemies he attacks, either with auto attacks or spells. This could work well with his ult, which could create a medium radius aura of flowing souls that radiate from his attacks towards himself and nearby allies.

Graphically, I'm thinking corpse, but not too skeletal. Maybe glowing from within with necromantic energies, which spill out of him when he uses abilities. If you want to keep the arm skeletal, maybe surround it with that same necromantic glow, and have it be the source of the power flowing out.

Being that he was once a warrior, maybe making him slightly hybrid, having a couple of abilites that scale with AD and AP, but mostly AP. Attack Speed would be good on him as well, for his passive, ult, and perhaps reworked E.

Pika Fox

02-05-2013

Sion is a bruiser/mele carry with the older minset of design (high AP ratios even on an AD champ).

As such i dont think he needs a total rework as much as i think he just needs a few changes to help his abilities fit in as both AP and AD. His look, however, fits the fact that he IS an AD champ.

Vongeo

02-05-2013

I love sion, I think he is perfect the way he is. No one who plays sion wants the rework.

In a world where riot is trying to make everyone a champion, why are they making sion into a champion for everyone?

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-05-2013
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
I love sion, I think he is perfect the way he is. No one who plays sion wants the rework.

In a world where riot is trying to make everyone a champion, why are they making sion into a champion for everyone?
No idea what, if anything, we'd do to his kit or visuals if we were working on him. I was just curious what it was in particular that people feel is off about Sion. For some, it's age of model, for others it's how his look sells his theme, and so on.

Pretty good response and best of all everyone stayed constructive, which makes keeping up with these threads a pleasure.

Yaddar

02-05-2013

Quote:

as Someone said, Sion needs to look more Zombie like, more rotten, more dangerous, more terryfying (he stuns with a gaze after all) and with a zombie walk, Keep the Axe, but make it so it is rusty and he drags it on the floor and swings it every now and then (on critical strikes) autoattacks with free hand and bite (he gains HP on kill after all).

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

02-05-2013
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
No idea what, if anything, we'd do to his kit or visuals if we were working on him.
RiotAmes, come to my desk, I'll show you some stuff....