are sorc shoes weak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

notanxj9smurf

02-04-2013

i get sorc shoes and guise and void staff and abyssal scepter

what is magic resist i don't even

PurePhoenix2013

02-04-2013

Who cares? Building glass cannon like that will get you killed anyway.

Focussing on mpen was always dumb, even in S2. Only tanks ever did it so they could get their first jungle run done in a reasonable amount of time and even then, S2 jungle changes removed even that need around 1/2 way thru the season.

I'm personally favouring BoS for the reduction on slows + higher base movement speed. Helps me escape~ these currently "OP" bruisers.

New Season, New Meta, New Items. Quit thinking S2.

TerasDominicus

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePhoenix2013 View Post

Focussing on mpen was always dumb, even in S2. Only tanks ever did it so they could get their first jungle run done in a reasonable amount of time and even then, S2 jungle changes removed even that need around 1/2 way thru the season.

I'm personally favouring BoS for the reduction on slows + higher base movement speed. Helps me escape~ these currently "OP" bruisers.

Then you whine because you don't do any form of damage early-mid game.

Tolinar

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel Scary View Post
I know they are generally the best boots for mids but 1100 gold for 45 ms and 15 magic pen seems weak, while haunting guise gives 15 magic pen, 200 hp and 25 ap for 1485.
even like merc treads give 25MR 45 movespeed and tenacity for 1200 gold. Like sorcerer shoes need to be buffed
The catch is, Magic pen stacks and the more you get the stronger it is.

For champs with weak AP ratios, Sorc shoes are extremely strong.

PurePhoenix2013

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyriacos View Post
Then you whine because you don't do any form of damage early-mid game.
Flat AP all-over runes, actually. I'll kill you 3-5 times in that early-mid game and have a deathcap before you can stop me.

Cenerae

02-04-2013

Sorc shoes are the only ones that will directly increase your DPS output. Ionians do too, in theory, but any champ that desires CDR that badly will get items that cover this in their build. Like Ryze.

It might seem underwhelming, but compare it to zerker boots. Sure they're a bit cheaper, but they give even less benefit, especially in the early-mid game where the sorc boots are chunking people's MR.

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:

When did jungle creeps ever have MR? And spell pen builds were really common on a lot of mids in season 2. Spell pen boots is a great way to get more damage, and no other set of boots will give a comparable damage increase one 90%+ of the mids in the game.

TerasDominicus

02-04-2013

Quote:
Flat AP all-over runes, actually. I'll kill you 3-5 times in that early-mid game and have a deathcap before you can stop me.

I doubt it really . You might be having more AP than me , but depending on my and your AP ratios , I will be doing more damage to you because I will have more penetration

Tolinar

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyriacos View Post
I doubt it really . You might be having more AP than me , but depending on my and your AP ratios , I will be doing more damage to you because I will have more penetration
Right. A champ like, say, Elise or Sejuani, with weaker early ratios and strong penetration effect, would see a big power difference.

SlyTheFoxx

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel Scary View Post
but I haven't seen a void staff in I don't know how long, like all season
Someone needs to see my recently played games... It's a must the way i run singed.