are sorc shoes weak?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camel Scary

02-04-2013

I know they are generally the best boots for mids but 1100 gold for 45 ms and 15 magic pen seems weak, while haunting guise gives 15 magic pen, 200 hp and 25 ap for 1485.
even like merc treads give 25MR 45 movespeed and tenacity for 1200 gold. Like sorcerer shoes need to be buffed

TerasDominicus

02-04-2013

are you kidding ? 15 magic penetration + Mpen from runes is crazy damage.

rumples

02-04-2013

they used to be good because it allowed you to get to full speed and get pen simultaneously, but with the changes to movespeed this season i dunno anymore...

HollowFayt

Recruiter

02-04-2013

It's still good cause of how the pen formula is. % pen then flat pen, so the 15 pen helps you get to true dmg even more.

Camel Scary

02-04-2013

but I haven't seen a void staff in I don't know how long, like all season

MarcusGraves

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
they used to be good because it allowed you to get to full speed and get pen simultaneously, but with the changes to movespeed this season i dunno anymore...
you do know that there is no difference in the move speed when you upgrade to tier 2 boots compared to last season right? its not used to be good its they are good, there is no better boot for upping your magic damage.

TerasDominicus

02-04-2013

15 mpen from sorcerers boots , + mpen from runes + plus mpen from mastery , + mpen from liandrys + void staff, thats alot of penetration there sport.

Sikkes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel Scary View Post
but I haven't seen a void staff in I don't know how long, like all season
void staff is **** unless they're stacking mr, which they aren't, they're stacking health. you would get more AP and CDR to counter health, not the cost inefficient void staff.

Tharama

02-04-2013

Since the changes to spell pen, CDR boots can't compare any more.

MarcusGraves

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisivePlayer View Post
void staff is **** unless they're stacking mr, which they aren't, they're stacking health. you would get more AP and CDR to counter health, not the cost inefficient void staff.
since when is void staff cost inefficient? with arcane knowledge+ void staff (40.2%) it starts becoming more effective than other sources of magic pen at like 45-50 MR which isn't hard to reach for tanks/bruisers even by accident. throw on the mag pen runes+ sor shoes (22.8 pen) and it gets even better.