Anyone else dislike the new Annie "upgrade"?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrandDuchessGrey

02-03-2013

The skipping animation is horrible. It isn't fluid like before - she "skips" as if she's walking on the moon and the position of her shoulders as she does so is just plain WEIRD.

Much more difficult to see what you're hitting/AoE with the new animations for Disintegrate and Incinerate.

She isn't cute anymore. She looks like some sulky tween.

Do not like.

Ralfazar

02-03-2013

She DOES NOT SKIP anymore, I don't care what anyone says, just watch ANY footage of preVU annie and compare it to the VU, she moon walks now. I also hate how they removed her skip, would really like to see a response as to WHY.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Her spells have very audible sounds that are like twice the volume of what they were before. It's kind of annoying and it sounds like her disintegrate is actually throwing solid balls of fire at them when it was fine before.

Alvan Yakatori

02-03-2013

I did not see any problems visually with annie other than her passive before the upgrade.

Folly Inc

02-03-2013

I approve of her remake.

I think -all- of her new animations are a significant improvement to her old ones. Her skipping is very elegant, and alludes to her being more than a simple child because it's not a normal skip.

PS. It is a skip, it looks like a skip, it acts like a skip, and if you were on the moon, it would -still- be a skip.

Her age is more appropriate to here lore, and no, she does not look older than 10, and that's being generous. Which brings me to my next point, her visual remake accurately depicts "The Dark Child" MUCH more significantly than her old appearance did. For this reason specifically, approve of the visual remake.

GlyphTsen

02-03-2013

I think you're just upset that you weren't invited to Tibber's Tea Party.

No, but seriously, I think, in terms of polygon count, particle detail and visual acuity, it is a definite upgrade. I do agree that she doesn't look "adorable" anymore and that's very unfortunate.

I haven't had any problems with her spell animations. It looks pretty clear to me what you're hitting, and the new Incinerate is far, far better than the old in this regard (note: I tend to play on low detail, because my computer is old and horrible). I also haven't experienced the audio problems that others have reported, but I'm sure they're there.

Ralfazar

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly Inc View Post
I approve of her remake.

I think -all- of her new animations are a significant improvement to her old ones. Her skipping is very elegant, and alludes to her being more than a simple child because it's not a normal skip.

PS. It is a skip, it looks like a skip, it acts like a skip, and if you were on the moon, it would -still- be a skip.

Her age is more appropriate to here lore, and no, she does not look older than 10, and that's being generous. Which brings me to my next point, her visual remake accurately depicts "The Dark Child" MUCH more significantly than her old appearance did. For this reason specifically, approve of the visual remake.
I think you should take another look at her walk animation she isn't skipping she is walking, skipping would entail her back foot hitting the ground twice like she did on her old model, she now takes moon walk steps, her 'skipping' arm swing animation covers it up, use revive or I guess ghost as well and watch it again it becomes horribly obvious they removed her skip entirely.

MrSnitches

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralfazar View Post
I think you should take another look at her walk animation she isn't skipping she is walking, skipping would entail her back foot hitting the ground twice like she did on her old model, she now takes moon walk steps, her 'skipping' arm swing animation covers it up, use revive or I guess ghost as well and watch it again it becomes horribly obvious they removed her skip entirely.
I see butthurt, lots of butthurt.

Eunson

02-03-2013

her run animation is astronaut teemo

Ralfazar

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnitches View Post
I see butthurt, lots of butthurt.
It's sad that you are fine with downgrading instead of upgrading or makin things better. Must have a really poor outlook on life.