The camping/shutdown strategy, how do I fight back?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hecterian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Greatings.

Ever since season 2, I've been doing my best to improve my League skills to the point where I usually do a pretty good job at getting farmed, while that be through minions or enemy champions. I rarely ever do badly.

However, on the "rarely" occasions, they tend to be due to one very annoying aspect of the game, which I cannot figure out how to counter:

Camping, or when an enemy champion, usually one from outside my lane, targets me exclusively throughout the entire game. It makes the game less than fun, as I cannot farm, attack, or even leave my lane without said champion following me wherever I go.
This is especially irritating when I'm doing a good job in my lane, just to be camped.

Now, I know that wards are a must, which, I do buy. However, again, enemy champions find a way to go around this, such as blinking or long range ults.
The main problem lies when I start getting ganked at about lvl 2-3, as usually, I dont have wards at said time, which leads the jungler/mid/top laner to a first blood, followed by my lane opponent going ahead of me in farm.

So, what can I do to prevent an enemy player from targeting me exclusively? Should i ditch my regular core items for survival, despite being a mid/top laner most of the time?
Should I spend all my farm on wards?

Thanks.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2013

Encourage your teammates to take advantage of it. If four people just ganked you bottom, that means mid and/or top are completely undefended and can be pushed hard. If mid and jungle just came up and destroyed you top, your team can take dragon for free.

themaddscientist

02-03-2013

Wards never are a bad thing. I don't just buy Sightstone as a support, I also buy it as a jungler. If you're doing mostly solo top and mid, an occassional ward will definitely help if you're getting a lot of jungle pressure since you can react more quickly. I don't know what kind of champions you play top or mid, so I can't say how much it will help. If you're winning your lane, ward, push the lane, and go apply your own pressure to the jungle and other lanes. Make them take a bit of their own medicine.

xSeCKSx

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecterian View Post

So, what can I do to prevent an enemy player from targeting me exclusively? Should i ditch my regular core items for survival, despite being a mid/top laner most of the time?
Should I spend all my farm on wards?

Thanks.
All you can do is make yourself an unappealing target. It doesn't guarantee you'll be left alone, but it can reduce the pressure.

You should definitely be warding - avoiding death goes a long way and vision makes it much more difficult for the enemy to get that kill, assuming you're paying attention to the map.

When you die, that's not only gold for the enemy, but gold you aren't making as you're no longer in lane.

Top can usually get by on 1 ward if its placed down river enough since its not to common for the enemy to go the long way through your own jungle to gank.

Mid generally needs both bushes warded, but note these wards can be beneficial to your teammates as well - as a mid I'd suggest a sightstone if you expect a long laning phase, otherwise just spring for the two wards on each trip back or so.

You basically need the wards for advanced warning should you begin to push your lane. If you stay near your tower, you're a lot less likely to be open to an assault, but also end up missing out on farm too.