Shield Comp, Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sachen

02-02-2013

Hey guys! So i would appreciate your opinion on this as well as any constructive feedback.
So i was thinking about different shield comps and i saw how season 3 health stacking was OP.

So i thought about shields, which pretty much add more HP to your champions. And decided to try and run a shield comp for 5 v 5 ranked.

But before i do it i would like your opinions on the subject matter.

Here is what i have so far from your advice?

Top: Riven (AD Shield + Maw of Malmortius) (Maybe a locket/banshees? Not sure...)
)
Jungle: Shen (Best shield in the game?) (Builds Locket + Banshees)

Mid: Orianna ( Great Shield, + Utility + Damage) (Can build evolved Archangel?)

ADC: Sivir ( Spell Shield?)

Bot: Janna (Good Shield + Utility+ Dis-Engage) ( Builds Locket)

What do you guys think?

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Might be worth putting in lux instead-double shield once out and once coming back. Also other shield champs are blitz, lulu, orianna, jarvan....i know Im missing some. But just food for thought

Either way sounds viable. If nothing else prolly super annoying

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

mid -- orinana/lux/ lulu/ morgna are: better options and any of them can be support as well.

Quote:

..i know Im missing some.
one ally/self
casting shield champ: lee sin

Pobbes

02-02-2013

Let me put a halt on this real quick. Health stacking is op because they changed the cost ratio of health and resistances respectively. Meaning, it's better to build more health first before any resistances because the cost per effective health. When trying to make something OP defensively you do so buy maximizing effective health. When you have large team comps building large amounts of straight hp it actually diminishes the effect of hp shields.

Basically, for every bump to raw hp a character has the less any additional hp shield adds as a percentage of effective health. However, for each addition of raw hp a character builds the more any additional resistances adds as a percentage of effective health. The new shield comps shouldn't be focused on people getting hp shields but free resistances - Poppy, Garen, Lee sin, Leona, Sona, Taric, Orianna, Malphite, Urgot (his R actually), Elise, Fiora, Soraka (W)

This isn't to say shield comps aren't viable, but if you are looking for optimization, you should be looking for more resistances.

TL;DR - With more hp stacking, resistance steroids are better than hp shields.

Directw

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachen View Post
Hey guys! So i would appreciate your opinion on this as well as any constructive feedback.
So i was thinking about different shield comps and i saw how season 3 health stacking was OP.

So i thought about shields, which pretty much add more HP to your champions. And decided to try and run a shield comp for 5 v 5 ranked.

But before i do it i would like your opinions on the subject matter.

Here is what i had in mind.

Top: Riven (Shield that scales on AD? OP?) (Maw of malmortius)
)
Jungle: Shen (Best shield in the game?) (Builds Locket)

Mid: Karma (OP shield + damage) Rod of ages + Rylas + evolved Archangels)

Bot: Urgot ( the only adc with a shield?)

Bot: Janna (Crazy good + shield) ( Builds Locket)

What do you guys think?
I got a different comp:
Top: shen
Jungle: Rammus
MId: Lux or Morg
Bot: Sivir+Janna

Sachen

02-02-2013

Instead of rammus wouldn't Nautilus Be better? He can build Locket + Randuins and because his shield scales off bonus HP it should increase By almost 200 with just those 2 items?

tripaladin

02-15-2013

Karma would be good... 80% ap ratio with her shield

ChiefClive

02-15-2013

Urgot has a shield!

Devious Rogue

02-16-2013

Lee Sin as a backup for Shen or Riven.

ExecutionerKen

02-16-2013

My ideal shield comp (tried before)
Top: Karma
Jungle: Lee sin
Mid: Lux
AD: Urgot
Support: Orianna.

Oh...the shields...