Shyvana's State in Season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlyphTsen

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordman3 View Post
IMO, she also feels slightly weaker in season 3.
She IS slightly weaker in season 3, due to the increased cost and decreased availability of attack speed, her primary offensive stat (at least in my view). Defensively some items also lost their punch as far as her specific kit. Aegis can now be improved, but no longer adds AD for example to go well with her Q and W. It's slight, but it's there. Also, her kit doesn't have enough disruption and defensive scaling to function as a pure tank, so building purely defensive items isn't as good on her as, say, Sejuani, Skarner, or even Hecarim.

At least that's my take on it.

Axhliay

02-01-2013

I know that this is Off topic, but what do people usually build?

I usually go

Machete>Madreds>Boots> Giants Belt> Recurve Bow>Sunfire> Phage and then finish those into Wriggles, optional boots, mallet, and wits end. The rest is optional.

I often overlooked Sunfire cape, but its pretty good now that I use it often. In long trades, it deals quite a bot of damage.

Eiji788

02-01-2013

copperpoint

02-01-2013

Patch 3.01 and not a single line on Shyvana. Thanks for nothing Riot.

@Axhliay:
There isnt really a must have build for her now.
Wriggles is a good start item in most cases. Botrk is possible too or a defensive item like sunfire/ wits.
Its very dependant on what you do and who you face.

E.g. in jungle wriggles + boots. In lane depending on the enemy. Against olaf you build hp early, against a ap user you take wits end, in 3vs3 botrk is kinda nice.

Frozen Mallet is pretty good on her, as it gives hp and a desperatley needed cc effect.

From there on out its pretty much your choice what to do. Some like to build Trinity, some like Hydra or Infinity edge... If you want you could try malady, or some hybrid items....
Omen + guardian angel is usually rather nice to have too.

Its not that she cant use a lot of items, its that most of them waste some stats and dont really synergize well with her kit.

IBastardI

02-01-2013

her ult should stun everything....

copperpoint

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I*******I View Post
her ult should stun everything....
Well it kinda does already. Everyone lifted up is stunned as long as the fly goes. But I guess you mean a longer duration, so that you can actually hit them before you get kill focussed in 2 seconds. ^^

Another idea posted was simillar:
Fireball + Q = stun. It would be evadeable in lane and still good in teamfights.

Cevonis

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperpoint View Post
Well it kinda does already. Everyone lifted up is stunned as long as the fly goes. But I guess you mean a longer duration, so that you can actually hit them before you get kill focussed in 2 seconds. ^^

Another idea posted was simillar:
Fireball + Q = stun. It would be evadeable in lane and still good in teamfights.
maybe a little op in dragon form... just saying. it ifs for 1 second or less in dragon form or maybe less stun time if more people are effected.

Paaske Da Bes

02-02-2013

Just wondering if anyone could find another melee champion that has no kind of sustain/cc.

Shyvana and? Kinda gives her an unique case. (knockback isn't noticeable most of the time.)

Another thing you could do was remove rage and ult's interaction and give rage a different purpose.

Axhliay

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperpoint View Post
Patch 3.01 and not a single line on Shyvana. Thanks for nothing Riot.

@Axhliay:
There isnt really a must have build for her now.
Wriggles is a good start item in most cases. Botrk is possible too or a defensive item like sunfire/ wits.
Its very dependant on what you do and who you face.

E.g. in jungle wriggles + boots. In lane depending on the enemy. Against olaf you build hp early, against a ap user you take wits end, in 3vs3 botrk is kinda nice.

Frozen Mallet is pretty good on her, as it gives hp and a desperatley needed cc effect.

From there on out its pretty much your choice what to do. Some like to build Trinity, some like Hydra or Infinity edge... If you want you could try malady, or some hybrid items....
Omen + guardian angel is usually rather nice to have too.

Its not that she cant use a lot of items, its that most of them waste some stats and dont really synergize well with her kit.
Well, its was more of a, what items have people had moderate success with. The more of us that try different items would be a good indication of what we can build to make up for weaknesses.

copperpoint

02-02-2013

In that case:

tank: Wits, Mallet, omen, Warmog, GA makes her pretty hard to kill, but not a lot of dmg.
Gauntlet and Frozen heart have been mentioned too.
For magic res: spirit (CDR), banshee or if you want some more dmg merc scimitar.

For an offensive build... Hydra, an ats item like wits, zephyr or malady maybe static shiv. + more dmg.
BT, botrk + bc combi...

If you want to try something you could go for hybrid items, Trinity, hextech, rageblade...

Its not that she has a small pool to pick from, its that she doesnt make really good use of them in certain cases.