AP Yi nerf? Are you nuts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

02-01-2013

A 4.0 ratio on meditate and giving you more armor than a late game tank is pretty stupid.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Why are you complaining if he 'gets crushed in ranked'?

ILchange

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Marte View Post
He doesn't win the lane instantly. He has very high CD's, high mana costs, and is destroyed with ANY cc. He also falls off late game.
it is not the HIIIIGH CD wich must have, thinking about the damage it deals and the facility to hit the enemy champion, i think it must have a higher CD or the ap ratio decently nerfed

ILchange

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidesOfLogan View Post
A 4.0 ratio on meditate and giving you more armor than a late game tank is pretty stupid.
sorry, i missclicked the vote, it must have been a "yes" vote, i think that if he become a tank while meditating, should not heal that much, really stupid

SummonerSquid

02-01-2013

Right now I think he is very unbalanced when played AP. His other abilities could use an AP buff, and his heal deserved the nerf. A lich bane style passive that deals AP damage every 7th attack (similar to Diana's passive) would probably work well with him, and would make him more balanced as an AP champ, and also work well with the AS buff from his ultimate.

AP Master Yi is still unbalanced in my opinion, and I think Riot is taking a step in the right direction nerfing his heal, however he still needs an extra AP-based mechanic to be balanced. I think a buff to his passive that deals AP damage would solve this.

Also it's a bit ironic because AD Master Yi is one of the more balanced champions in my opinion.

summoner ranger

02-01-2013

ap yi could tank tower taht is why they nerf/buff hes heal.

Best Karma Ionia

02-01-2013

They incresed the base heal and reduced scaling to 2.0 instead of the rumored 1.0. He'll still be able to outheal 1v1 or 2v1 if the champions he's facing lack cc or ignite is on CD. So.

TheOnlyJaces

02-01-2013

Need ap yi is pretty hard to counter o.O.
Longest skill range I have to play against with a 95%+ chance to hit.

DH Pestilence

02-01-2013

Simple. AP Yi has a generally stronger laning phase than 90% of mids. He also can tank an entire team. These two combined shouldn't be possible. Period.

PerfidiousAlbion

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidesOfLogan View Post
If only there were some way to negate this ability... something that every team is already expected to have several sources of in order to be competitive....

Channeled abilities are supposed to be stronger than regular abilities. They have a huge weakness in that the take several seconds to get the benefit from them and effectively stun you for that period of time. Meditate, as it was, was effectively a 5 second self stun, of course the payout for pulling it off had to be huge, as otherwise there would be no reason to use the damned ability.

You know why Nunu's ult isn't the strongest ult in the game? You know why Fiddles Drain isn't the strongest basic ability in the game? It's the same reason Meditate wasn't OP, if you quickly interrupted it they'd get almost no benefit from the ability.