Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kugz

02-01-2013

Hey Ames, any chance you could read over my post?

I'd really appreciate it I just find it hard to understand how the upvote/downvote system is seen as such a serious form of expression :S

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
34 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinbountykin View Post
I'm still confused though - from your previous post it made it sound like in general future champion skin VUs will be less of a priority regardless of their exclusivity status (and especially because of.)
Oh, no - if we do the champ, we do the skins. Just that we may not add things. In the case of Frostfire, for example, we want to maintain what's already there, so we added snowflakes, color change on her fire, etc. But that's also true of Annie in Wonderland, etc, where there wasn't anything extra before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Steelix View Post
Since you work on the relaunch team, any word on Nidalee's other splash arts? Just curious.
We're going to continue releasing Relaunches/VUs that don't have entirely new splash art for a little while. Our other option is to not release the VU and wait on the splash, but that's not great either.

So, right now? I'm not even going to give you a Soon™. We want to update them. Do we have the ability to right now? Sadly, no. I know that this is going to be a problem for a while, but again, the alternative is not to release the update at all. (as an aside, the Splash team works extremely hard- we just do a LOT of stuff that needs art, and our new standards take more time)

edit:

This thread continues to be a source of negative debate(and not specifically about Goth Annie)- I'm going to take a break for a while. It's been a pleasure, everyone. Your understanding and, most importantly, your passion are continuous reminders of why I love what I do and why it's important that I continue to improve.

sub-sub edit: I couldn't find your post when I glanced a second ago, Kugz. It's not just upvote/downvote, but the speed, the comments, and the general feedback from multiple places in a short amount of time that were considered. Also, the whole point was to make players happy- it clearly wasn't, so it seemed like more harm than good.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
OK I'm officially done with you then. You are just saying **** for the sake of saying ****. The massive ****ing thread(s) that have been going on have been chock FULL of people being dicks about having exclusive skins that others cannot.

But then again, you did argue for 30 pages that an 80 year old woman purposely maimed herself for the sake of a payday, so I don't know why I am even bothering.
I never said she purposefully maimed herself. You sound mad. Mad enough to start making up lies. I said she was utterly stupid in her decision of where to put her hot coffee and that ultimately caused her trouble.

You see people defending their skin value as being a dick, and I see people trying to lower the skin value as being a dick. If you want a different particle effect for Annie, frostfire is pretty good.

Daedelous

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Oh, no - if we do the champ, we do the skins. Just that we may not add things. In the case of Frostfire, for example, we want to maintain what's already there, so we added snowflakes, color change on her fire, etc. But that's also true of Annie in Wonderland, etc, where there wasn't anything extra before.

We're going to continue releasing Relaunches/VUs that don't have entirely new splash art for a little while. Our other option is to not release the VU and wait on the splash, but that's not great either.

So, right now? I'm not even going to give you a Soon™. We want to update them. Do we have the ability to right now? Sadly, no. I know that this is going to be a problem for a while, but again, the alternative is not to release the update at all. (as an aside, the Splash team works extremely hard- we just do a LOT of stuff that needs art, and our new standards take more time)
What about Nasus, he's still on his base splash art and model.

Sturmhard

02-01-2013

look for example at this link and scroll down:

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/code...gue_of_legends

there are tons of this information that it is EXCLUSIVE.

Kazaan

02-01-2013

bump

Iketsu

02-01-2013

Quote:

I appreciate the honesty, and lack of Soon™ as an answer. I was just looking for an update, although, I am curious are any of her other skins finished? Maybe something you could share with us? :3

Zerglinator

02-01-2013

Quote:
Work proper starts again in about an hour or so. Just gonna make it an "early" day.
Ames never rests. It doesn't matter what time it is. Your 0 RP is never safe.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Here you go. You got ripped off.
Attachment 604597

Regardless, the value of both packs was the same, they probaly cut the price when they stopped shipping physical copies.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
If you want a different particle effect for Annie, frostfire is pretty good.
I actually own Frostfire and Goth Annie now looks so much more amazing than it. Tibbers in Goth Annie is fantastic with color+design changes, whereas Frostfire Annie's Tibbers doesn't even maintain the glow showing through the stitches that her other skins do, while still having the same look to the stitches.

I mean don't get me wrong Frostfire Annie is cute, but Goth Annie is so much cuter now.