How to put Nasus back in top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreshel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Nasus was very strong against the common autoattackers of top with his wither. Now abilities and poke are the rule, so I think wither should decrease damage dealt by abilities, like exhaust does.

Dancer

02-01-2013

...no

Pretty much shut down any champion 1v1.

Vivid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Nasus isn't the only top that lost viability. Riot is just putting out more and more gap closing, crowd controlling, poke based champions into the game that most champions are now outclassed.

Vedergallning

02-01-2013

I actually love him as a top laner as is. The only problem with him is that he's almost never in a position to "win" his lane because his early damage is so bad. He has amazing synergy with jungle ganks with Wither though, so that can help him get ahead.
If they lowered the cooldown on his Siphoning Strike by just 1 second, thereby make it more spammable, he'd be more effective in a 1v1 duel, which I really think would help a lot.

Rio10ngu

02-01-2013

I feel like Nasus' passive is supposed to help him sustain from poke, but he can't sustain if he can't farm because they poke. A vicious cycle. Perhaps instead of life steal they could give a small shield whenever he kills an enemy unit. Ofc there would be a cool down but it would help against poking.

Menea6587

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio10ngu View Post
I feel like Nasus' passive is supposed to help him sustain from poke, but he can't sustain if he can't farm because they poke. A vicious cycle. Perhaps instead of life steal they could give a small shield whenever he kills an enemy unit. Ofc there would be a cool down but it would help against poking.
That's why he should have extra range on his Q

Bakabridget

02-01-2013

Nasus is a very delicate champion to work with. His infinite scaling on q pretty much screams out "hey, if nasus gets buffed, we may just become way overpowered" If you take away the infinite scaling on q though, Nasus loses what makes him interesting and unique.

I'd rather him remain underpowered than remove that.

Kreshel

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
That's why he should have extra range on his Q
why not an extra range with his autoattacks? He is a huge anubis right?

Kreshel

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
...no

Pretty much shut down any champion 1v1.
ok, thanks for your feedback, its very constructive

ETamir

02-01-2013

I used to play Nasus all time during S1, but now he's not there anymore, I don't even remember when I've seen him last time playing. He's became near useless in every team. in ranked games, if you suggest nasus you get flamed instantly, he's became THAT bad. I think if he only had better passive or that fire was replaced with something more useful, or it was somehow tied to Nasus, like Hecarims W, he'd be more viable. It's almost like Riot wants to forget about this awesome Jackal