Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Did you check the kitchen?
lol. That's actually where I found it. Trying to find a way to get picture of this without having to search for camera.

rathy Aro

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcluggets View Post
Just because you own the skin doesn't cancel the fact that there could be bias in your thread..
Why is this so downvoted... its a legitimate point...

Zerglinator

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Unless something changes, we will absolutely update that skin and others when we work on Sivir. The team is committed to that.

Speaking of updates, quality, etc, here's a close up version of the beauty shots GrumpyMonkey did for Annie's announcement. Been looking for an excuse to get them out there.

(I assume I will mangle their size and have to redo it)
Go to bed Ames, I think you're running out of things to do.

Salenar

02-01-2013

@Ames.

I purchased the bundle for the Goth Annie skin. It is a cool skin. It is now going to be an even cooler skin.

That being sad I see both sides of this situation. It would be awesome to be able to release this awesome skin to a lager player base, but it also would make some people upset at it being "easier" to get.

Ultimately I applaud you handling this delicate situation so well. There was concern within the community and you addressed it.

(and even though I did by the bundle I think you had a great idea by wanting more people to be able to experience this amazing skin)

So my real questions is: What do you put on your Chili Cheese Dogs? Anything other than chili and cheese? For example I put spicy mustard and Tabasco sauce.

SplendidSorrow

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Heaven forbid some skins be harder to obtain than others. There are only hundreds of skins for over a hundred champions in game. In that case why aren't you advocating for Ryze skins to be re-released? Guy has like 6 unavailable skins.
I'm not saying some skins should not be harder to obtain than others.

Lets use your Pax example. Pax skins were designed for being there at Pax with them. Great, nice niche, the fact they're rare is fine.

Now as for Ryze? Should his skins be re-released? I don't know the history on all of them so I couldn't tell you there. But the big difference between Annie and Ryze is that Goth Annie was announced to be available for purchase...and then said offer was rescinded. IF they did the same thing with a Ryze skin I'd be on the same side of the argument I am now (though point of view here might shift depending on the intention of said skin...).

Kelgore

02-01-2013

To throw more fuel on the fire, i considered Goth Annie to be her WORST looking skin of all of them, and yet you lord this amalgamation of black and white over people like its special, when in reality, quite frankly, it dosnt look that good...oh well, at least you bought the DCE, congrats.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Funny, i open my box and its Says "Exclusive Kayle - the Judicator Skin"
Now...where in the DCE, does it say Exculsive Annie - Goth Annie?

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Why? Why must you own that skin? I missed my chance to get Championship Riven. It's the only unavailable skin I want. I only beat myself up over it. I don't go complaining to Riot to re-release it. People who go to PAX deserve a skin no one else can get. People who climb the ladders deserve a skin. People who played beta deserve a skin. People who gave riot 3.9k+ RP worth of $$ in one go deserve a skin if they happened to buy the DCE. I'm sure the intent of the DCE was to help players get started back when league was released and no one had champions. The skins the packs have had have kind of just stayed with them.
Why? Why must I not own that skin? Why must some people have imaginary things that others can't? Why do gaming companies insist on doing things like this that only lead to divisiveness in their communities? I hate everything about exclusivity in games. It serves no purpose other than to give "haves" something to be a dick about to "have nots".

Culgrim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I honestly have nothing better to do at this hour.

SplendidSorrow

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culgrim View Post
I honestly have nothing better to do at this hour.
Thats awesome.