I auto-hit punish in tribunal, 21 case winning streak AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rathadin

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macab View Post
Most the players in this game have little tiny egos easily bruised by brutal truth, so they have to go report everyone when their feelbads get hurt.
Fixed that for you.

M8KER

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybobolonie View Post
people like you are the reason tribunal is hated. dont do it.
No I used to reivew as carefully as I can and give pardon at my best effort. But nope, the majority says punish so w.e. lol

DaJuggerHobbit

02-01-2013

Yeah, GD is the place to post this... if you want the forum moderators to read your written proof of complicit rule breaking and report you to the judicators. Moron.

BrendanUHS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

tbh, a large majority of the people who make it to tribunal probably deserve to be punished. Of the 20 cases i've seen at least 18 of them were clearly in need of punishment.

Tarq

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconstr1pz View Post
you thinking your winning? by punishing? this is another reason why tribunal is broken
It is also why Riot should be handling all reported players in house and not using it's player base to make rulings. Yes, Riot would need to hire more people, but at least then the punishment system would be more reliable. Obviously Riot has the cash flow to hire more employee's.

You would be hard pressed to find another (major) title that would even consider letting players determine to punish/pardon other players. I've been gaming online since 1994 (yes, I'm old) and I have never seen another game that has done this. Well I did play a few MU*s that would allow this, in a public square, as an RP tool... I don't think that really counts though.

PeaceKeeper18

02-01-2013

If they were arrogant but gave there team a free win Pardon

If they fed and raged the entire game Punish

Simple enough

M8KER

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarq View Post
It is also why Riot should be handling all reported players in house and not using it's player base to make rulings. Yes, Riot would need to hire more people, but at least then the punishment system would be more reliable. Obviously Riot has the cash flow to hire more employee's.

You would be hard pressed to find another (major) title that would even consider letting players determine to punish/pardon other players. I've been gaming online since 1994 (yes, I'm old) and I have never seen another game that has done this. Well I did play a few MU*s that would allow this, in a public square, as an RP tool... I don't think that really counts though.
True. The tribunal elo stuff is so funny I think I can reach plat soon lol.

M8KER

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceKeeper18 View Post
If they were arrogant but gave there team a free win Pardon

If they fed and raged the entire game Punish

Simple enough
32/2/3, 11/2/8, 13/4/5 ppl said nothing wrong been reported multiple times. I am really sorry for him. You just don't pay anything to hit the report button.

Runolf

02-01-2013

First of all we have no way of knowing if he's telling the truth or just trolling out of boredom because the server is down. Secondly I review all the cases before I punish/Pardon. I tend to pardon about two in ten cases and after almost a thousand cases reviewed I'm sitting at a 96.6% accuracy rating.

That means that for the most part I'm right on par with the majority of reviewers. Roughly 20% of Tribunal cases are pardoned, which are reading cases over several months I can say is about right when it comes to how often people are reported and then sent to tribunal cases unjustly. The system isn't as broken as the mass of 12-16 year old kids would have you believe. Its the minority of punished players that cry on the forums that has people believing otherwise because the players who are reported but are pardoned have no idea or reason to post at all.

If you have been playing at least a few months there is a very good chance you have been reported several times by trolls and possibly sent before the tribunal yet there are millions of players who have never been punished in anyway. Its not quite as busted as some would have you believe.

Quadrakill Amumu

02-01-2013

Even when the cases random to games where the players were doing nothing wrong and you are duty-bound to vote pardon, that player is 99.9+% likely to be guilty. You are letting 999 guilty toxic jackasses go unpunished to protect the 1 innocent, but that is the cost we pay to protect the innocent.

Is spamming punish bad? Yeah, but really only very very very very slightly bad. For the high character guys, we don't even want to be very very very very slightly bad, so we review every case carefully, but even if you just spammed punish, 99.97+% of the time you are punishing the guilty anyway, so the Tribunal works either way.