The "Math" of Goth Annie Decision

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeusVult

02-01-2013

Goth Annie has been and is for the foreseeable future, only purchasable through the Digital Collectors pack in the store for 3900 RP.

The Digital Collectors Pack includes 20 champions, which cost a total of 10,605 RP if bought separately now, bought cost even more in the past due to price reductions (Warwick, Malphite, etc.) Or alternatively, you save yourself 25,200 IP at these champs current prices (once again, many of them cost even more in the past.)

However, not only do you get all of this, but you also get 1380 RP back once you have purchassed the bundle, bringing the total cost down to 2520 RP. And in addition to that, you get 4 lvl 20 runes worth a total of 2255 IP. (This is the only time you can "buy" IP with RP) And even further, you get Goth Annie, a free skin in a pack that would usually cost 10,605 RP and 2255 IP, but instead cost you 2520 RP, a mere 1/4 the total cost of everything purchased.

So how much is the Goth Annie skin worth? As much as champion in the collectors pack? Double that? Because if we work out how much each champ in the pack is worth, you were able to purchase them for 126 RP each. Thats pretty damn champ. But lets add Goth Annie in the equation, and for the hell of those who consider it "exclusive," lets say its worth double, or even triple what a single champion is worth. By this math, Goth Annie comes out to 229 RP if valued at double that of a champion, or 329 RP if valued at triple that of a champion. That is EXCEEDINGLY cheap for a skin.

"But I only bought the Digital Collectors Pack for Goth Annie, and now I feel outraged because I spent 2520 RP on a skin that isnt limited or legacy, WAS worse quality than ALL legendary skins, 975 skins and most other skins. I bought it for a lot (because reasons) and now every should have to pay the same amount that I did."

First off, I dont know why someone would have spent 2520 RP on a single skin (especially when Pulsefire Ezreal got so much flakk over being 3150 RP but is a better skin in every imaginable way.) when that skin was so low quality. If its just because you wanted that one thing that the neighbors kids didnt have and so you spent an absurd amount of money on a poor quality skin while missing out on all of the other attraction in the bundle, well then shame on you. This is just Karmas response to you trying to play a "**** you" card over everyone else by spending a ton of RP. If you purchased the collectors pack SOLELY for Goth Annie and already had everything else (therefore missing out on the deal) at any time before the Visual Update announcement, then it is your fault. You paid 2520 RP for a skin that at most is worth 329 RP. Deal with it.

However, some leniency should be granted to those who were foolish enough to purchase the DCP after the Visual Update announcement. Anyone who purchased the DCP solely for the Goth Annie skin over the past two weeks since the NeeksNaman Announcement of the VU should be able to submit a support ticket and refund the bundle so that they can then but the skin in store. Should these people have waited for a deal like this that was inevitable??? Yes. Could they keep it in their pants??? No. Should they and those of us who could wait be punished simply because others feel entitled to their 329 RP skin??? (which they bought for 2520 RP) No.

In the short:

If you purchased the bundle for the entire sake of the bundle, you are smart.

If you purchased the bundle for 2520 RP solely for getting a low quality skin for 329 RP with no intentions of having this skin be "buffed," then you are a massive idiot and I feel sorry for you and your kind. May God have mercy on your soul.

If you purchased the DCP over the past two weeks (because you couldnt keep it in your pants) when you heard that Annie was getting a VU and Goth Annie was suddenly gold, yet you still thought it was economically smart to spend 2520 RP on a 329 RP skin with the intention being that the skin was going to get much better very soon, then you knew what you were trying to buy, yet you couldnt wait. (again, with the pants) Some mercy should be shown on you. You wanted the "new" Goth Annie. Come buy it for 975 RP with the rest of us after you submit your support ticket and get a MRI to see if everything is alright upstairs.

If you are like me waited until now to get the Goth Annie skin because you knew it "had" to be released for a limited time separately because of her upcoming VU, then your not as smart as the guy who purchased the pack for the sake of the entire pack, but your a lot smarter than the other two options. Come get in line to spend 975 RP on a 329 RP skin.

TL;DR - Spending 2520 RP on 10,605 RP of stuff is smart. Spending 2520 RP on 329 RP of stuff and then complaining about your mistake to everyone else is idiotic.

Rayoth

02-01-2013

Boy am I glad this had a tl;dr

Voidgolem

02-01-2013

my only regret is having just one upvote to give.

Męw

02-01-2013

Upvote for science!

Uccisore

02-01-2013

What if I bought the bundle because I wanted about half the champs, already had a couple of the others, and didn't care about the rest, and I was on the fence about it, but the idea of their being a skin for a champ I really like that I couldn't get any other way is what tipped my mental balance in favor of getting it?

In other words, what if I behaved like an actual human being? Kinda wrecks your argument.

Fenstick

02-01-2013

The new skin isn't even that good. It just doesn't suck anymore. LOL

DeusVult

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayoth View Post
Boy am I glad this had a tl;dr
READING IS HARD HER DURRr

Iketsu

02-01-2013

The fact of the matter is it essentially comes down to the way it was originally advertised by Riot. Exclusive to people who buy the pack. I bought the pack back when I first started playing League, Goth Annie was a bonus. I didn't really mind it was being released, but I did feel that there would be backlash because of how it was advertised.

Rayoth

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusVult View Post
READING IS HARD HER DURRr
When you're dead tired, it's kind of deflating. But hey, I understand your need to be a downright ****nut just for the sake of it. Keep it up! You're a real forum hero.

The RoyaI We

02-01-2013

I like this. Too bad Riot won't revert their revert though. :[