Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Culgrim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
Heaven forbid people want to purchase a skin, designed as a reward for people supporting the game, to support the game.
They reward supporters in different ways. Bundle skins for purchasing the game when it's f2p. Pax skins for supporting them at , well.. Pax, and Victorious and Triumphant skins for supporting Ranked play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kinbountykin

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Does this mean future VU skins won't get reworks, or they'll just stay recolors if that's what they were originally?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StonerSundays

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
When I started playing the game, I bought the physical version of the bundle with Silver Kayle in it, if I'm remembering correctly it was because the online version of the bundle was more expensive. If anything, I think the VU of Annie kind of makes the difference in bundle price understandable instead of odd. Silver Kayle is a sucky skin, and her bundle is 20 bucks. Goth Annie is a great skin and her bundle is 30ish dollars. The trade wouldn't really be of equal value.

Though I would gladly trade up Silver Kayle for Goth Annie...
This just in, price tag on my Physical Box says $29.99.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
Heaven forbid people want to purchase a skin, designed as a reward for people supporting the game, to support the game.
Heaven forbid some skins be harder to obtain than others. There are only hundreds of skins for over a hundred champions in game. In that case why aren't you advocating for Ryze skins to be re-released? Guy has like 6 unavailable skins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinbountykin View Post
Does this mean future VU skins won't get reworks, or they'll just stay recolors if that's what they were originally?
I was wondering this about the bundled Sivir skin. Is that skin not going to get a rework because it will cause a GD explosion?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iueras

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Then they might as well not make the skins as many of their purposes are to be unique skins to certain events such as the triumphants and pax skins.
Strawman. By that logic they should not make any skins at all. The entire purpose of a skin is to be unique (just like everyone else!). Event skins like that should be exclusive for say 6 months, MAYBE a year, then released into the store for purchase. That gives the epeeners a while to lord it over everyone else, without leaving people who maybe couldn't afford to go to PAX but can afford a skin a chance for some cool looking stuff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
This just in, price tag on my Physical Box says $29.99.
? I see it every time I go to Target/saw it where I used to work at Walmart. 20 bucks. In fact I'm pretty sure I forked over a 20 dollar bill and 50 cents or so when I bought it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelgore

Senior Member

02-01-2013

goth annie i dont understand, PAX and championship skins, now that i understand being limited, but then everyone complains "but it was limited to the collectors pack"....you do realize that was a ploy to get people to paly lol and buy the collectors pack, right? Oh well, not like i really spend much on this game anyway...or own annie......just never understood the whole "MUST COLLECT ALL SKINS, THEY CAN ONLY BE MINE, YOU CANT HAVE IT NOW CAUSE YOU DIDNT BUY THE COLLECTORS YOU LEACH" mentality players have been exibiting recently


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iueras

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
I was wondering this about the bundled Sivir skin. Is that skin not going to get a rework because it will cause a GD explosion?
I would say probably not. Why take the time and resources to redo a skin if you can't sell it to make some of that investment back?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StonerSundays

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
? I see it every time I go to Target/saw it where I used to work at Walmart. 20 bucks.
Staples, $29.99.

Will Upload photo.