I own Goth Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaDMaNx

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPaladinOP View Post
along with heart break and s e x and various diseases... In my many years I have experienced much...
How is it? Is it pretty intense?

Kitten Pawz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaniel View Post
I also own Goth Annie, along with Black Alistar, Silver Kayle, and Human Ryze.

To get all of them, I had to pre-order the game online, (Black Alistar and Goth Annie) as well as preorder a physical copy of the game at Gamestop.

The ONLY thing I really received from buying the one at Gamestop were the two skins and a few runes, as they were the same bundle.

Riot then released the bundle with Huntress Sivir, which also cost a pretty penny. I dropped more RP on that bundle just for the Huntress Sivir skin.

Please understand that to make these skins available to the public they have to give the middle finger to customers like me that paid a lot of money just for the skins.

I do understand the other side of the argument, but even to offer it at a lower price when so many people dropped the 3900 RP for the bundle even though they only got the skin out of it would be a massive slap in the face.

Gothic Annie IS available to the public and has been for over 3 years. She is just super expensive. This is essentially a sale. You are basically saying Riot is putting the middle finger up to you because they are having a sale on something you bought 3 years ago. The reason for not wanting Annie to be sold separate doesn't make sense.

If I go to the League store and hit "Bundles" and buy the 3.9k bundle just for a skin, you couldn't care less. But if I go to the League store and hit "skins" and buy that EXACT SKIN for 975, you have an issue? Wtf?

Nicodemous

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Kitten Pawz View Post
Gothic Annie IS available to the public and has been for over 3 years. She is just super expensive. This is essentially a sale. You are basically saying Riot is putting the middle finger up to you because they are having a sale on something you bought 3 years ago. The reason for not wanting Annie to be sold separate doesn't make sense.

If I go to the League store and hit "Bundles" and buy the 3.9k bundle just for a skin, you couldn't care less. But if I go to the League store and hit "skins" and buy that EXACT SKIN for 975, you have an issue? Wtf?
I guess if they ever put Dragon Trainer Lulu on sale for less than or drop the price below the 1350 I paid I should just take that as Riot telling me to eat siht and die...

Nicodemous

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDMaNx View Post
How is it? Is it pretty intense?
I cannot in good conscience recommend it

Pudgy Prinny

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
I guess if they ever put Dragon Trainer Lulu on sale for less than or drop the price below the 1350 I paid I should just take that as Riot telling me to eat siht and die...
it happens in games often though even in real life prices drop throughout time its like buying a car when it first comes out and then it drops down in price are you gonna go to them and rage about it lol act like a kid

Kitten Pawz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector Pens View Post
I for one love the exclusivity in skins. Also I'll make it clear now that I don't own the bundle (hell I don't even own Annie, she's one of about 20 champs I don't have).

The reason I like exclusivity is because it adds more flavour and interest to the game, I like the fact that if I'm going against an Annie mid and she has the Goth skin, I can estimate that maybe she is a die-hard Annie player that shelled out just to get that skin. I'm then more interested to see if she's really good.

I bought the Headless Hecarim skin because I liked it, but also because I like to think that if Hecarim becomes FOTM, my team will be able to see I've been a fan of him for a long time and I'm not new with him, as I must have had him at least since October.

These experiences might not mean a whole lot, but I think they add interest, and if you make the skin available to all it kind of kills that interest. After all there are hundreds of normal skins that are available 24/7, I would rather have a few exclusive skins for die-hard fans of that champ and a whole lot of great other skins available to everyone, which is what we seem to have now.

The issue I have with your post is that Gothic Annie has always been available 24/7
She is simply becoming cheaper. It's not rare or hard to get. It's merely expensive. Selling her skin separate is no different than having a sale since her skin isn't going anywhere.

Now if this was one of those skins that you can't get anymore, I could see the argument. I own Kitty Kat Katarina and it does feel kinda nice when I use it in game and players are asking me what skin that is because they've never seen it before. Also, we were told that we had 1 chance to buy the skin. If this was the case, I could understand.

However, Gothic Annie is completely different from that. The reason people don't see Gothic Annie played often is because the skin is expensive. That is the ONLY reason *other than maybe people don't want to play her*. This is no different from a sale and you are saying that Riot having a sale is unfair to you.

Agility

02-01-2013

Riot is losing its touch.

First they open up old names and allow for name changes. That was understandable/

Then they release all the old skins that were taken out of circulation (nottingham ezreal, etc...). Dubious move. Why? The value of these skins is lost so Riot can make a buck.

Then the predictable next step...releasing exclusive skins.

WTF!?!?!?

What's next...Black Ali? King Rammus? Early Christmas skins?

Kitten Pawz

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post

That is how I feel the Gothic Annie skin owners are reacting. I just do not understand it.

Kitten Pawz

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility View Post
Riot is losing its touch.

First they open up old names and allow for name changes. That was understandable/

Then they release all the old skins that were taken out of circulation (nottingham ezreal, etc...). Dubious move. Why? The value of these skins is lost so Riot can make a buck.

Then the predictable next step...releasing exclusive skins.

WTF!?!?!?

What's next...Black Ali? King Rammus? Early Christmas skins?
You do know this skin has been available 24/7 for anyone to buy. What's the big deal?

IGamer

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMayre View Post
I own two of those skins and don't even care about them go ahead and sell them.

I am going to guess you are on a smurf or you are probably bluffing. While we are at it, we can also make Pax Jax, Tf, and Sivir 5 bucks. Let's do it. >