Riot, stop removing mana regen!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethminite

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgerbs View Post
Dear sweet jesus, no.

Not making use of the mana stat of items is more than a fair trade off for no mana management. They still benefit highly from the CDR stat, meanwhile mana casters are still restricted by mana from spamming.
While i agree, if Riot removes mana from items to let mana-less champs not waste money anyway, why not skip the middle man and leave the mana on, and just let them make use of the stats, just not in the same way?

Lunar Lightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgerbs View Post
Thanks for showing how carefully you read the post, guys. Tear and Athene's are both pretty much dedicated mana items for champions that need a lot of mana. What about if I only want a little extra mana regen? Then what?
this some champs dont need a huge mana pool they just need to be able to keep it filled

msgerbs

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethminite View Post
While i agree, if Riot removes mana from items to let mana-less champs not waste money anyway, why not skip the middle man and leave the mana on, and just let them make use of the stats, just not in the same way?
Or we could just manaless champs suffer the 250g wasted. Manaless champs in general are not in need of buffs. Certain manaless champs are, but tackle them on an individual basis, not with far-reaching changes.

Fenstick

02-01-2013

Mana regen is a useless stat. Build RoA and Archangel's/Manamune and get that stackin'. You'll never run out of mana in a realistic scenario.

Eliroo

02-01-2013

I dont think people understand the meaning of the mana regen removal on some of these items. It essentially makes them cheaper... Like the fiendish Codex andsuch...

msgerbs

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliroo View Post
I dont think people understand the meaning of the mana regen removal on some of these items. It essentially makes them cheaper... Like the fiendish Codex andsuch...
And in making them just a little bit cheaper forces anybody who wants mana regen in any amount to buy a dedicated mana item like Tear or Chalice and end up spending more gold on mana regen than they probably wanted to, and take up a slot that could've been used for something else. All so manaless casters don't have to waste a single stat. Manaless casters in general don't need a buff, and DEFINITELY not at the expense of reducing build options for mana using casters (The vast majority!). You don't steal from the poor to give to the rich.

Prabjot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I really don't understand them removing the mana regen on nashor's tooth
manaless champ would not really get it to start off with, i can't even think of one
they could just take the mana regen off the fiendish codex but leave it on nashor's tooth without reducing the price of it, problem solved in my opinion

Voidgolem

02-01-2013

if you're still having mana issues post Grail/Tear/RoA, you're doing it wrong.

msgerbs

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
if you're still having mana issues post Grail/Tear/RoA, you're doing it wrong.
Thanks for reading the post carefully. I'm not going to explain it for a 6th time.

Havik223

02-01-2013

Have to agree with OP. For mages, this really isn't that big of a deal because they probably will build a tear or Athenes, but if I'm playing someone like Panth or Malph, being able to pick up an item that isn't wholly dedicated to mana regen while still getting some is a gift from the gods.

I think adding mana regen onto some items would open up more possibilities in the game.