How long does it take to get 6300 ip

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xtwargodtx

02-01-2013

ill probaly play alot on sundays though 3+ hours

Finalhero213

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I also find it to take forever. and by the time u get enough to buy a 6300 champ u play the champ like 5 times and quickly go. NOOOOO 6300 ip down the toilet!

xtwargodtx

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalhero213 View Post
I also find it to take forever. and by the time u get enough to buy a 6300 champ u play the champ like 5 times and quickly go. NOOOOO 6300 ip down the toilet!
LoL

Livingsword

02-01-2013

I play Coop vs AI mostly, average 65 ip per win +150 1st win of the day, play around 5/6 games a day, so around 2.5/3 hours.

So in a week, including heavier play in the weekend you have *guaranteed* IP for a 4800 champ or a full set of marks/seals/glyphs.

Add PvP games and it shouldn't take more then a week for 6300 IP, keep in mind that even losing in PvP usually ends up been more IP then winning Coop (by around 10/20 ip in normal), but games can drag for far longer too getting to be less IP/minute.

xtwargodtx

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingsword View Post
I play Coop vs AI mostly, average 65 ip per win +150 1st win of the day, play around 5/6 games a day, so around 2.5/3 hours.

So in a week, including heavier play in the weekend you have *guaranteed* IP for a 4800 champ or a full set of marks/seals/glyphs.

Add PvP games and it shouldn't take more then a week for 6300 IP, keep in mind that even losing in PvP usually ends up been more IP then winning Coop (by around 10/20 ip in normal), but games can drag for far longer too getting to be less IP/minute.
well i like playing pvp bots are too easy and u get less ip

Rekbladez

02-01-2013

About a month

hexagland

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtwargodtx View Post
i have 1460rp i can spend it on getting a 4 day ip boost
Allow me to explain why you should never buy IP boosts in order to purchase a champion. Think of each point of RP getting you a set amount of IP.

Examples:
  • Buy a 6300 IP champ on sale that week for 487 RP. You are getting 12.9 IP per RP spent (6300 / 487).
  • Buy a 4800 IP champ on sale for 440 RP: 10.9 IP per RP.
  • Buy a 6300 IP champ for regular RP price: 6.5 IP/RP
  • Buy a 4800 IP champ for regular RP price: 21.8 IP/RP.
  • Buy a 50-win IP boost: (50*145 IP/game) = 7250 IP / 2560 RP = 2.83 IP/RP. Buying the smaller packages of IP/Win are even less efficient.
  • Buy a 30-day IP boost: Let's say you are doing this in order to buy that 6300 champ and so you want to get at least the same RP efficiency as buying it for full price (6.5 IP/RP).
    3490/30 = 116 RP per day. This boost doubles your normal IP gain per game (instead of the max IP gain possible like the per-win boost). So to get 6.5 IP per RP, you need to earn at least 6.5 x 116 RP each day = 754 IP. Assume you gain a very generous 95 IP per match on average (note the FWOTD bonus is not doubled), you need to play 8 matches every day for 30 days without fail, just to match the RP efficiency of buying that champ at full price. As with the per-win boosts, buying the smaller packages of per-day boosts gives you even less efficiency.

So in my mind the only possible excuse to buy an IP boost is if you can't possibly stand to wait to buy a certain RUNE, since these can be purchased only by IP. But seriously, just don't buy the boosts.

TLDR: If you want a champ and are willing to spend RP to get it, just buy the champ outright. Never buy boosts. Buy champs when they are on sale (especially 6300 ones) if you ever think you would spend RP to buy them. NEVER buy IP boosts.

TinyPole

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Crawler View Post
Assuming you make roughly 175ip average a game (this would assume 1 win for first win, and 1 loss) it would take you 42 games.
Additionally, assuming the 175 IP/game average is a reasonable estimate, 42 games would take 1,470 minutes or 24.5 hours.
(this assumes an average of 35 min as some games take only 20min while others go to 45-50min)

Now, RP can be purchased for:
$5.00 for 650 RP (130 RP / $1) (worst deal)
$100 for 15,000 RP (150 RP / $1) (best deal)

IIRC, minimum wage in the US is $7.25/hr
so one hour of wages equates to:
942.5 RP/hr at the low end, or
1,087.5 RP/hr on the high end

a 6300 IP champion usually costs 975 RP (after the new release permium for the first week or so)
So, it would either take:
24 hours of IP, or
about 1 hour of wages

Assuming your time is limited and valuable to you, it is far more time-cost effective to buy champions with RP and save IP for content that cannot be acquired with RP (runes, mastery pages etc.)

Incredible Huah

02-01-2013

Getting 6300 IP doesn't take that long and as your catalog of champions grows it will become even easier to get 6300 IP another thing is that I heard they are changing the IP rates soon anyways. Just have fun it is the easiest way to get that IP.

Hawkhell

02-01-2013

Have you even play Xerath before? I personally found him kind of difficult to play.