Aren't the Olaf nerfs a bit overkill?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

02-01-2013

eh, E doesn't need armor pen anyway. Don't much care.

Malgana

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilian View Post
Or a Ghostblade...Really...Almost everything about Ghostblade will be amazing on Olaf after today
Especially if you pop it just as your rageblade goes off.
Damn that's scary.

OriginalJack

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorian View Post
Olaf was in an incredibly powerful spot. No one really caught on, but he could build incredibly tanky and still do incredible amounts of damage.
I don't know if I'd say nobody caught on they just didn't complain on the forums about it like they do with most champs. I think Olaf was one of the strongest bruisers (if not the strongest) after the last patch.

Bailey The Roper

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
I don't know if I'd say nobody caught on they just didn't complain on the forums about it like they do with most champs. I think Olaf was one of the strongest bruisers (if not the strongest) after the last patch.
Fair enough at that now that I think about t I may have biased my initial opinion

Felaedor

02-01-2013

The thing that needed to be nerfed was.

Undertow being a full strength permaslow (possible with even 12.5% CDR) meant that Olaf was pretty much inescapable if he ever got any kind of trade advantage, and Flask start in S3 meant he could be much more liberal about throwing them out.

The rest of the stuff may or may not be overkill, but his inescapability was what was making him dominate so hard in pro games.

nww4

02-01-2013

Give me back olaf riot how could u do this to the environment olafs everywhere will not be fed and massive deaths from starvation and malnutrtion from not being able to eat any champions who dare enter his habitat now olafs shall suffer ..........how do u sleep at night

Vedergallning

02-01-2013

You can still do insane amounts of damage with him. His real power comes from his Reckless Swing, but that's an ability that scales off pretty heavily in the late game once people build health. He's an early-game top lane monster still, with or without a relatively small amount of armor pen from his ult.

DeafCatMoan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

What riot said in their patch video was true, he was benefiting in a lot of areas a lot, Natural AS, Stacking health benefits, and even passive armor pen.
This is just toning him down with all the item changes and health meta.

RagePath

02-01-2013

I don't see this as a problem at all. To be honest, his Reckless Swing is his main move. I don't build him as an auto-attacker. Try building him as a tanky true damage spammer.

Nexus Crawler

02-01-2013

Honestly Olaf's been Borderline to outright OP since his release and the current hp/sustain meta pushed him way over that line. This change isn't that bad. It just means he has 6 or 8 seconds of complete face wrecking instead of basically 100% of the time.