Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DominatorV4

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
Just because you guys have more followers doesn't mean you should get what you want.

If I had a big bag of money and gave it to 1 small group of people for whatever reason (etc they earned it, inherited it, won it), and then there was another larger group of people who didn't get anything but they still wanted the money. Is it right that the smaller group of people should give their money away just because the larger group wants it?
Anyone who can give me a good valid answer for this gets a cookie.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
I doubt it will cost 975, but 1100-1200 with full discounts sure.

If not 1100-1200 (assuming only 2300 after rebate) then why even bother having a discount?

In short, Riot is making a mountain out of a mole hill when the logical, simple solution is to release these damn skins (all bundle skins) and be done with it.
Right right, pricing was an example not a hard number but my general point still stands. They are making the bundles a bundle that only contains the skin really and charging appropriately for it. Reaaaalllly makes not just selling the skin silly.

Eliroo

02-01-2013

I think a lot of people need to look up the word exclusive.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0rter View Post
The only skin I have of Annie is the Riding Hood, and that is because a friend gifted it to me during the snowdown. She is not my fave champ and am not planning on getting any other of her skins. With that said even though I personally am unaffected by Riot's decision either way the way I see it is this is yet again an entitlers QQ situation where those that had it are being selfish and egoistic and not caring for others and Riot just plainly catering to their every whim. Something in the lines of how Riot ALWAYS listens to the GD QQ for champ nerfs.

Can you people grow a heart already! If this was what Riot decided then it should have happened. Now they, yet again, bend a knee to those that QQ the most. I guess those that wanted to get the skin should have QQed harder than the entitler babies.

Oh well GG. Incoming entitler downvotes.
It's funny how only the people opposing the sale are suddenly the QQers yet for weeks now people who wanted to buy the skin due to the VU have been whining that it's not in the shop.

Vaniel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I also own Goth Annie, along with Black Alistar, Silver Kayle, and Human Ryze.

To get all of them, I had to pre-order the game online, (Black Alistar and Goth Annie) as well as preorder a physical copy of the game at Gamestop.

The ONLY thing I really received from buying the one at Gamestop were the two skins and a few runes, as they were the same bundle.

Riot then released the bundle with Huntress Sivir, which also cost a pretty penny. I dropped more RP on that bundle just for the Huntress Sivir skin.

Please understand that to make these skins available to the public they have to give the middle finger to customers like me that paid a lot of money just for the skins.

I do understand the other side of the argument, but even to offer it at a lower price when so many people dropped the 3900 RP for the bundle even though they only got the skin out of it would be a massive slap in the face.

EnümaElish

02-01-2013

I don't get all the fuss about this. If it's good, let everyone have acess to it. Why would anyone want it to be inacessible to others?

The RoyaI We

02-01-2013

Anyone else feel like this reduced bundle is never going to happen and they're going to pretend this never happened in a couple of months? :[

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Just because you guys have more followers doesn't mean you should get what you want.

If I had a big bag of money and gave it to 1 small group of people for whatever reason (etc they earned it, inherited it, won it), and then there was another larger group of people who didn't get anything but they still wanted the money. Is it right that the smaller group of people should give their money away just because the larger group wants it?
Quote:
Anyone who can give me a good valid answer for this gets a cookie.
Ummm... welcome to America?

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
31 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mage NA View Post
Ames, assuming you could do this over, would you change anything? Or do you feel that this backlash, while somewhat painful for you, was worth learning from and useful to gauge how to better set up a similar promotion in the future?
Oh, sure, I'd change things- but I feel that way about a bunch of our content releases. I think there's merit in asking the community what they think about things and letting it sit for a while, but there are also times when we need to make decisions and commit to those.

For now, though, the learning experience matters. I work with the Relaunch team so a better understanding of how players feel about old skins that we're updating tells me quite a bit. Some of what it tells me is how we should spend our limited resources(IE, people)- adding VFX, etc, to skins (especially ones that you can't buy anymore) is a losing deal.

If you bought the skin, hopefully you knew what you were buying. We don't need to add more, because we're already exceeding expectations by updating that skin for free. We're better served by moving on to the next champion, because most players actually do benefit from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendak View Post
Ames, it seems like Riot has been making substantial errors in judgement lately - Halloween Brand pricing, Slay Belle Katarina recall animation, now this.

How does Riot intend on being more accountable to its playerbase in the future to avoid missteps?
I don't agree that any of that was substantial errors. We could have labeled most/all of that as 'Working as intended' and moved on and it not been that big of a deal. We responded because we value your opinions.

That said, it's an ongoing learning process. As we do more, we introduce more room for mistakes. The risk of 'getting it perfect' is that we would be doing considerably less. Be patient with us, let us fail a few times and let us know when we do. If we try to find a perfect 'accountable' system, we hit the same snag. So, rather than spend two years understanding what that looks like, let's work together - Riot and Community - and get there iteratively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphine View Post
RiotAmes, bro, you don't have to respond to this, but there are a lot of people who feel ****ty that no matter what action you take (like this one - put the skin on sale, or don't) there's a huge outcry and mass downvotes everywhere. Thanks for putting up with the frequently bratty community.
I've heard bratty, selfish, entitled, elitist, and more go by today. But at the end of the day, you're all just different types of players with different needs. We can't realistically make all of you happy all the time. But we can make sure that we don't remove happiness that you already have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouI Reaver View Post
What're you up to right now? (aside from calming torrential storms)

if the servers don't come on asap, I might sleep for part of my friday day-off from work! that or some Star wars online lol.
Mostly this. I was doing some icon write ups, milestones for the next few relaunches(no, I'm not telling you), and looking into a potential RP purchase failure in Europe all around the same time that I started posting. But I'm done with that now.

DominatorV4

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Ummm... welcome to America?
No cookie