Is Deathcap even necessary anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kawaii black man

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

With all the nerfs to its AP and the passive as well as buffs to other AP items it doesn't really seem necessary anymore. Now it gives the same amount of AP as Zhonya's and DFG and even a fully stacked Archangels and the only advantage it has is the passive. It also doesn't give anything besides ability power while Zhonya's has armor, DFG has the CDR and the active, and Archangels has the shield. Even with the passive Deathcap doesn't seem to make you do that much more damage than if you just built a Zhonyas or an Archangels etc. and if you don't build it you make space for other AP items that give more benefits. Thoughts?

TonyStewartsTire

02-01-2013

Deathcap is only really good on characters with really high ratios.

dogbiter

02-01-2013

remember when deathcap was the only thing you could buy, and other AP items were inferior in comparison??

obsidiankatana

02-01-2013

Deathcap's passive is precisely what makes it worth it.

Atheau

02-01-2013

I would still call it "the" defining AP item.

However depending on game flow and team comps there are situations in which it might not be absolutely necessary.

Digitality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

If the game is arriving at a point where you can deviate your build based on your immediate needs with only a few core necessary items, then we're heading to a good place.

Voice 1

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbiter View Post
remember when deathcap was the only thing you could buy, and other AP items were inferior in comparison??
All AP items are inferior in comparison, deathcap just sucks. This is what makes it sad.

BrendanEarth

02-01-2013

health meta.

Voidgolem

02-01-2013

y'know, I see a direct correlation between "Man I don't feel like buying deathcap anymore" and "AP CASTERS WORTHLESS NO DAMAGE EVER" topics.

food for thought.

Quadrakill Amumu

02-01-2013

I rather that Deathcap was strong on the right champions, but not necessary.