Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxieto

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Does that mean you don't like moonlit walks? I'm okay with just being friends.
I love moonlit walks

EpicLegion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

RiotAmes Do You think you would be able to play a game later =)?

Morphine

02-01-2013

RiotAmes, bro, you don't have to respond to this, but there are a lot of people who feel ****ty that no matter what action you take (like this one - put the skin on sale, or don't) there's a huge outcry and mass downvotes everywhere. Thanks for putting up with the frequently bratty community.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
It is, because more people are on my side of the fence.

Considerably more.
More people doesn't make it more right. If Riot bends on this, they'd have to do it with Huntress Sivir too and any other future champion that has limited availability. (limited by means of nonstandard ways of obtaining)

Aphoristic

02-01-2013

How much money do I have to send to a Rioter for there to be a "server error" that gives me every limited skin?

kinbountykin

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
No not a legal issue. And yeah, we're sorry for the mess. Ideas like this one get brought up as a way to do something cool for players and don't always have time to go through a full vetting process because we're busy working on bigger projects. This was Ames' idea and I gave it the green light - neither one of us foresaw the backlash.

In general, we try to implement stuff that players will value, and most of the time we get it right (gifting, champion price changes, bonus RP/IP, legacy skins sale, etc). We also try not to implement stuff that a significant number of players will hate, and within an hour of hitting the front page news, it was clear that selling Goth Annie in the store would piss off a lot of people, so I made the call to kill it. In hindsight, I wish I'd either squashed the idea upfront or put more time into gauging the player reaction.

In the end, no one here is worse off than they were yesterday except for people who bought RP they wouldn't have bought (I'll message you in game Toad), and people who are losing sleep over this for one reason or another. To all of those people, I am indeed sorry.
I know it's just a video game, and this is going to sound silly but I was having a *horrible* day yesterday and seeing that goth Annie was going on sale really brightened up my day. I was seriously dejected and heart broken when the announcement was taken back I know you guys think it was handled well but I really think the people who got excited are being ignored here.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphoristic View Post
How much money do I have to send to a Rioter for there to be a "server error" that gives me every limited skin?
Just become a Rioter. You're given every skin in game.

Duke Br0heimer

02-01-2013

The fact remains that this whole fiasco was a textbook bait and switch and Riot can potentially be sued for it. Not to mention it looks somewhat shady.

But I guess the deal is done. I will keep this in mind for further transactions.

SouI Reaver

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
My pleasure. I miss getting to interact like this anyways.

What're you up to right now? (aside from calming torrential storms)

if the servers don't come on asap, I might sleep for part of my friday day-off from work! that or some Star wars online lol.

Highborne

02-01-2013

The same argument can be said for people who bought something for full price, or A PRICE and it was lowered later.

ie Champs IP prices being lowered, or RP prices being lowered, etc.

I should be refunded all IP/RP I spent at the time because new people can get the item for cheaper.

The full prices is false advertising, sales should be illegal and nobody should ever pay less than I did.

That is what this has turned into.