Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
30 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Ames, thank you for caring enough to stick around and answer questions/bring everyone up to speed on what's going on with this Goth Annie stuff. You're awesome, and I appreciate that you, Hipp and the Riot team tried to give us all a chance to buy the skin separately regardless of how it turned out.
My pleasure. I miss getting to interact like this anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culgrim View Post
These are rare words to hear from anyone these days. Despite me having no stake in this situation, I must say your handling of the situation is indeed outstanding.

Sir, I applaud your efforts and twirl my handlebar mustache for you.
If that is a factual mustache, then you have done more than just applaud me. You've commended me in a very gentlemanly fashion. So, points for that.

Razrmeister

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Likewise on the other side of the fence. Apparently your side of the fence is better than ours according to you though. We're not looking for Goth Annie to disappear forever, just put back to its original position. You're looking to change it up.
It is, because more people are on my side of the fence.

Considerably more.

MesaanaWoT

02-01-2013

bump for goth annie

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
You realize they could just as easily comp people who bought the bundle for the skin AND put it for sale in the store? it's not an all or nothing prop here.
How do you determine who gets how much compensation? It's already been stated how that wouldn't work by a red of all people which is why there is a plan for the reduction in cost based on champions already owned with the possibility to compensate those who owned champions prior to purchase before to make it fair.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

12 hour sale. Then anyone WHO truely wants it will have to do so in said time, then toss it back into the bundle until you guys rework it.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riathamus View Post
And he already answered no.
He edited that in.

Also, why even bother to lower the price? Then it isn't a bundle at all.

If they did, technically the price is about 2300 RP, assuming Annie is 975 that means if ALL champs are owned, what to lower it to 1100?

Pfft, whatever, it is only 125 more RP.

Thus, why the big debate, make all bundle skins available.

Culgrim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
My pleasure. I miss getting to interact like this anyways.

If that is a factual mustache, then you have done more than just applaud me. You've commended me in a very gentlemanly fashion. So, points for that.
Full disclosure, it indeed is and I have earned the nick name in my online circles as Epic Stache Man.

Bendak

02-01-2013

Ames, it seems like Riot has been making substantial errors in judgement lately - Halloween Brand pricing, Slay Belle Katarina recall animation, now this.

How does Riot intend on being more accountable to its playerbase in the future to avoid missteps?

Bakabridget

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
Why legendary price, this is what I don't understand.

Why do you want your community to pay that much for a simple skin? Would you feel better if you saw everyone else paying that much?

That's pretty ****ing selfish tbh.
After seeing how you and they react, yes. Trust me, you are way worse than I am.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
Why legendary price, this is what I don't understand.

Why do you want your community to pay that much for a simple skin? Would you feel better if you saw everyone else paying that much?

That's pretty ****ing selfish tbh.
That's really what it all boils down to, isn't it? I made a post some pages back about the need to defend bad purchases because of an emotional investment knowing you overpaid etc., and this behavior is just an extension of that behavior really. Kind of a share my pain deal, or maybe misery loves company.