How do you successfully pull of a 2v1 lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UHaveFailed

02-01-2013

So me and my friends have been trying to pull this off for a while now but we always seem to fail, now I don't understand what we are doing wrong so if i could i get some help.

Champs we had:
Cait,nunu,mao,tf,shen.

What should we do?What are some strats for this comp?what are some key points?

Thanks

Antics

02-01-2013

1. Your solo lane should theoretically be denied LESS exp and gold as the enemy because he can farm effectively in 2v1.
2. Your ADC/Support lane should be able to put more pressure on the lane than the enemy ADC/Support lane who is facing your shen
3. Your jungler and TF need to gank whichever lane is falling behind.

UHaveFailed

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother Vu View Post
1. Your solo lane should theoretically be denied LESS exp and gold as the enemy because he can farm effectively in 2v1.
2. Your ADC/Support lane should be able to put more pressure on the lane than the enemy ADC/Support lane who is facing your shen
3. Your jungler and TF need to gank whichever lane is falling behind.
alright well we did this, one problem we seemed to have was the enemy jungler seemed to gank our top lane a lot which had our adc and support and they couldn't do much since they couldn't kill tower fast as enough and had to fall back. Is there something you can do against that? and what is the wanted time to kill top tower? Also after you kill the top tower do you switch back and force down bottom or just siege mid?

Logikos

02-01-2013

I think you should look at a new team comp really TF nice cait nunu is good. mao is nice ganker. but shen fighting a 2v1 isnt good I have never seen him do decent at all not even being able to push back when mid and jungle comes to gank let alone just jungle. if you want total make control mixed with nice dmg I would do noc jungle shen top and twisted that way you can insta gank w/e lane needs it. that or get a yorick with teleport which does amazing 2v1 in my opinion.

UHaveFailed

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logikos View Post
I think you should look at a new team comp really TF nice cait nunu is good. mao is nice ganker. but shen fighting a 2v1 isnt good I have never seen him do decent at all not even being able to push back when mid and jungle comes to gank let alone just jungle. if you want total make control mixed with nice dmg I would do noc jungle shen top and twisted that way you can insta gank w/e lane needs it. that or get a yorick with teleport which does amazing 2v1 in my opinion.
ya we tried it a couple of times,with shen,and then jayce. Jayce didnt seem to do as well as shen did however because he just got bullied out.

Antics

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHaveFailed View Post
alright well we did this, one problem we seemed to have was the enemy jungler seemed to gank our top lane a lot which had our adc and support and they couldn't do much since they couldn't kill tower fast as enough and had to fall back. Is there something you can do against that? and what is the wanted time to kill top tower? Also after you kill the top tower do you switch back and force down bottom or just siege mid?
If you can't kill turret fast enough as nunu cait which is the easily the best pressure duo lane then you obviously need to play a better nunu cait.
If jungle ganks top a lot you need to ward and that sounds obvious but it's easy to ward off ganks when you're pushing the lane.
When nunu cait kills the turret you could send shen top and nunu cait bot and do dragon if shen is 6 because your duo lane will be ahead of their duo lane and you have 2 globals.
Shen is a really good 2v1 champion he has the skill set that allows him to 2v1 effectively, he can shield under turret, Q minions, and taunt the enemy ADC under turret if needed. He is not supposed to dominate the lane you just need to have him ahead of the enemy top laner because shen will scale better late game.

WeXi

02-01-2013

Typically you want someone that can wave clear who has some range as the 2v1'er. Jayce seems like he'd be a really strong option.

I have found that when the team we are going against is going to do a lane swap or is playing something like nunu caitlyn that mordekaiser works really well as it is very hard to deny him farm and you can't effectively dive him because of his damage potential and ult especially once he gets revolver.

DMPuffy

02-01-2013

Yorick with potions. That is all.

SeCKS Egai

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHaveFailed View Post
I'm wondering why the support/adc wasn't bot lane since they weren't able to push top down quick.

Hirumonogatari

02-03-2013

why would you want to push the tower down so quick? that doesn't make any sense at all.

pushing down a tower ends laning phase. which means your best period of obtaining gold in the game is over. your adc needs the gold. why would you rush to push down top tower rather than zone out your opponent (which your opponent is doing to your jayce)?