Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
@Razr, Highborne, etc

If that keeps up I'll have to close the thread or something. Agree to disagree and move on. No one is going to be proven right or wrong here.
That is the problem isn't it?

I have asked multiple times if I buy the bundle now, will I get it fully refunded but keep the skin since I own all champs (except last 4 new ones)?

If so, I'll go ahead and buy the bundle.

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
@Razr, Highborne, etc

If that keeps up I'll have to close the thread or something. Agree to disagree and move on. No one is going to be proven right or wrong here.
omfg. Go to bed, please.

Bakabridget

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
What I find SUPER hilarious about all this, is all the QQers that didn't want Goth Annie in the store for a WEEK at 975 are all up on Hipps nuts thanking him for this. When the net effect is going to be in the end to PERMANENTLY put Goth Annie in the store (likely for 975ish). All the champs in the bundle are cheap as hell to get with IP, so most folks who want this skin are gonna get away with being able to buy her without having to pay for champs in the bundle anyways.
Well they'd still have to add 20 dollars in rp to buy the pack since the pack also includes the rp back.

That's where they get extra money from you. Sure you get some rp back, but you had to put extra money into your account to buy the pack. Smart way to get money I'd say.

Jumping Salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Ames, assuming you could do this over, would you change anything? Or do you feel that this backlash, while somewhat painful for you, was worth learning from and useful to gauge how to better set up a similar promotion in the future?

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
That's your own flawed perception, there were LOTS of people annoyed, disappointed and generally upset at riot for reversing their decision.
Likewise on the other side of the fence. Apparently your side of the fence is better than ours according to you though. We're not looking for Goth Annie to disappear forever, just put back to its original position. You're looking to change it up.

SplendidSorrow

02-01-2013

Quote:
Really, I just care. I feel bad about this situation because it hasn't gone how I wanted it to.
Honestly the biggest issue with the whole thing I think was your timing.

You guys announced it pretty much as you disabled ranked queues without any warning and people were experiencing horrendous lag and interruptions. So people flooded the site and forums already upset trying to find out what was going on and trying to find patch notes...and found said announcement. Had you announced it 2 days ago I don't think the speed at which it got down votes would have been anywhere close to the same.

Hexenir

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
That is the problem isn't it?

I have asked multiple times if I buy the bundle now, will I get it fully refunded but keep the skin since I own all champs (except last 4 new ones)?

If so, I'll go ahead and buy the bundle.
And he already answered no.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
But it will be done in a way that compensates those who already paid for the pack while owning champions in it. I can live with that because it gives me back some of the value that Goth Annie held from buying it. I don't agree with just outright selling of the skin though.
You realize they could just as easily comp people who bought the bundle for the skin AND put it for sale in the store? it's not an all or nothing prop here.

Razrmeister

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakabridget View Post
Just put goth annie separate in the store for 1 day at legendary price and then retire it forever, pack or otherwise
Why legendary price, this is what I don't understand.

Why do you want your community to pay that much for a simple skin? Would you feel better if you saw everyone else paying that much?

That's pretty ****ing selfish tbh.

Bakabridget

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
Honestly the biggest issue with the whole thing I think was your timing.

You guys announced it pretty much as you disabled ranked queues without any warning and people were experiencing horrendous lag and interruptions. So people flooded the site and forums already upset trying to find out what was going on and trying to find patch notes...and found said announcement. Had you announced it 2 days ago I don't think the speed at which it got down votes would have been anywhere close to the same.
Had they announced it a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't have bought the pack and I'd actually be on the other side of the argument right now.