Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razrmeister

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Because saying "screw you guys" and NOT selling the skin (after it had already been announced) is so much better, right?

The right thing to do, was to not reverse the decision, and compensate the bundle buyers with some RP or whatever.

What they did, managed to piss off everyone.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesilan View Post
I'm confused as of this moment, is Goth Annie going on sale or not? Because I bought the bundle just for the skin, not just on this account but on another (Nichto) it was bought strictly for the skin.

I'm not upset if it did go on sale, but I'd expect something in return for it going on sale.
The thread talking about the bundles states that it's an exclusive so...
No. It is not going on sale anymore. It is still only avail via the pack.

iueras

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
the WHOLE PURPOSE OF A BUNDLE is to give a discount based on buying the bundle.

Otherwise why have the bundle at all, or tailor it to not duplicate things?

However, when a good changes, the people who bought the bundle originally shouldn't get the new change unless they pay again because that was not waht they paid for the first time.

Think about this:

Original Bundle of Wine, Cheese, and a Goth Annie skin

Goth Annie gets upgrade

New Bundle of Wine, Cheese and a New Goth Annie skin.

The original bundle owners do not get the upgrade unless they pay for it.
New people get the new Goth Annie skin.

Fair is fair.
What I find SUPER hilarious about all this, is all the QQers that didn't want Goth Annie in the store for a WEEK at 975 are all up on Hipps nuts thanking him for this. When the net effect is going to be in the end to PERMANENTLY put Goth Annie in the store (likely for 975ish). All the champs in the bundle are cheap as hell to get with IP, so most folks who want this skin are gonna get away with being able to buy her without having to pay for champs in the bundle anyways.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Ames, thank you for caring enough to stick around and answer questions/bring everyone up to speed on what's going on with this Goth Annie stuff. You're awesome, and I appreciate that you, Hipp and the Riot team tried to give us all a chance to buy the skin separately regardless of how it turned out.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
Because saying "screw you guys" and NOT selling the skin (after it had already been announced) is so much better, right?

The right thing to do, was to not reverse the decision, and compensate the bundle buyers with some RP or whatever.

What they did, managed to piss off everyone.
They weren't saying "screw you guys" to anyone by the retraction. You guys may have been hyped a bit, but you weren't expecting to suddenly get Goth Annie whereas people who owned Goth Annie already were expecting it to stay limited to the DCE.

DominatorV4

02-01-2013

Quote:
I didn't explicitly "insult" the bundle buyers.

I made fun of the people who opposed the sale, whether they are bundle buyers or not, I don't care.

And cool story bro, I would make many more threads to make fun of your kind.
Quote:
I ****ing told you so, GD, ROFL

THEY MAD BRO, THEY MAD.

Quintessence from 1 to mad how do you feel right now?
Quote:
also big LOL at Cytus, the guy who made the "Do NOT sell goth annie" thread, GUESS WHAT *****, RIOT JUST SHAT ON YOU ROFL! HAHA
Quote:
Normally it would be if they weren't such selfish entitled *******s about it.

The sweet taste of justice is SUPERB.
Pulled from your thread.
You were saying?

Culgrim

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Really, I just care.
These are rare words to hear from anyone these days. Despite me having no stake in this situation, I must say your handling of the situation is indeed outstanding.

Sir, I applaud your efforts and twirl my handlebar mustache for you.

Bakabridget

02-01-2013

Just put goth annie separate in the store for 1 day at legendary price and then retire it forever, pack or otherwise

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
What I find SUPER hilarious about all this, is all the QQers that didn't want Goth Annie in the store for a WEEK at 975 are all up on Hipps nuts thanking him for this. When the net effect is going to be in the end to PERMANENTLY put Goth Annie in the store (likely for 975ish). All the champs in the bundle are cheap as hell to get with IP, so most folks who want this skin are gonna get away with being able to buy her without having to pay for champs in the bundle anyways.
But it will be done in a way that compensates those who already paid for the pack while owning champions in it. I can live with that because it gives me back some of the value that Goth Annie held from buying it. I don't agree with just outright selling of the skin though.

Razrmeister

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
They weren't saying "screw you guys" to anyone by the retraction. You guys may have been hyped a bit, but you weren't expecting to suddenly get Goth Annie whereas people who owned Goth Annie already were expecting it to stay limited to the DCE.
That's your own flawed perception, there were LOTS of people annoyed, disappointed and generally upset at riot for reversing their decision.