Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razrmeister

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
No I wouldn't make a thread to insult you. Ya know, like how you made one to insult all the bundle buyers. I'm not like that.
I didn't explicitly "insult" the bundle buyers.

I made fun of the people who opposed the sale, whether they are bundle buyers or not, I don't care.

And cool story bro, I would make many more threads to make fun of your kind.

Jayeto

02-01-2013

its over 900!!!!!!!!

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
Um, you do realize that by now, there are more customers annoyed than those that are relieved? Just check at the numbers man..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
While we can argue for another 12 hours that the announcement/retraction was also bad, Riot is more interested in keeping a standard and making people happy than saying "screw you guys" and selling the skin.

Kugz

02-01-2013

I own Kitty Kat Katarina!

... should I do a 2k upvotes thread to trade for Goth Annie?

... huehuehue.

@RiotAmes

I think a problem with receiving feedback on the message boards (especially GD) is that it takes very little effort to negatively or positively impact on a thread. I personally feel that a single click of a colored button isn't enough of a measurement to display someone's feelings towards a particular subject.

Couldn't you perhaps ask for constructive feedback on something as touchy as this? Perhaps instead of announcing it straight away, maybe set up a feedback system/do surveys to gauge the public's reaction to a subject - rather than rely on a bunch of kids screaming "Waaaa, it's supposed to be EXCLUSIIIIVE!".

I would think providing a platform for people who go out of their way to give their opinion on a topic would do a far greater deal better when handling these sort of issues, rather than a red or green button that takes little effort to add your input.

People press buttons for the sake of it.

IGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
Follow the damn quote thread back... oh **** it. Father back some dumbass said that the poll here wasn't legit cause it was too small. To which he got told that the poll that got the sale pulled was downvotes on an outside site (reddit). There, now you are caughtr up since reading back one more quote was too hard. Protip: the little arrows take you back to the quote in question, and LOL forums don't nest quotes so you have to actually read a bit.

Honestly, your comment just hurts my brain. Too many grammatical errors and not enough specifications. :-/ Please, stop.

Zero

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highborne View Post
the WHOLE PURPOSE OF A BUNDLE is to give a discount based on buying the bundle.

Otherwise why have the bundle at all, or tailor it to not duplicate things?

However, when a good changes, the people who bought the bundle originally shouldn't get the new change unless they pay again because that was not waht they paid for the first time.

Think about this:

Original Bundle of Wine, Cheese, and a Goth Annie skin

Goth Annie gets upgrade

New Bundle of Wine, Cheese and a New Goth Annie skin.

The original bundle owners do not get the upgrade unless they pay for it.
New people get the new Goth Annie skin.

Fair is fair.
So people who paid for Annie shouldn't get the VU without paying again? Annie herself is getting a whole visual and audio upgrade.

Striker Ezreal

02-01-2013

I'm confused as of this moment, is Goth Annie going on sale or not? Because I bought the bundle just for the skin, not just on this account but on another (Nichto) it was bought strictly for the skin.

I'm not upset if it did go on sale, but I'd expect something in return for it going on sale.
The thread talking about the bundles states that it's an exclusive so...

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGamer View Post
Honestly, your comment just hurts my brain. Too many grammatical errors and not enough specifications. :-/ Please, stop.
Strawman.

You are an idiot, don't read, don't understand what he is quoting, and defending yourself like a typical troll.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
29 of 35 Riot Posts

@Razr, Highborne, etc

If that keeps up I'll have to close the thread or something. Agree to disagree and move on. No one is going to be proven right or wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesilan View Post
I'm confused as of this moment, is Goth Annie going on sale or not? Because I bought the bundle just for the skin, not just on this account but on another (Nichto) it was bought strictly for the skin.
You're not alone in that. Goth Annie won't be going on sale by herself. At some point in the future, we may introduce a feature that lowers the price of bundles based on what you already own. In this case, you still have to buy the bundle to get Goth Annie- it just might not be at full price. No hard date has been set for that, nor a plan for compensating people who own existing bundles as of now. There is a possibility that there won't be a plan for compensation, so for you and anyone else that comes along this post, please keep that in mind when you are deciding on a purchase.

SouI Reaver

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
It's probably the tail end of the cold I've been fighting off this week that's helping me stay up.

Wait, it doesn't work that way.

Uhh..

Really, I just care. I feel bad about this situation because it hasn't gone how I wanted it to.

Eh, what're you up to right now?

Not much just waiting for the Servers to go back online my friend! and I feel ya on the cold, just got over one about a week ago bad vibes and such when one is sick.