SDA runs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

They're not sponsored or anything- people pick a charity, find out how to get donations to them, and then stream themselves or a group of people playing and the proceeds go towards their charity.

Draaaaaaavén

02-01-2013

Have any runs that you know of reached anywhere near AGDQ's caliber?

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

For League? Certainly not the production levels, commentary, or general time spent on the event. No less awesome though. I think that the diversity of games helped them a lot. I'm a huge Megaman X fan, so some friends saw that was one of the games they'd be playing and clued me in early on.

For League, I think you'd want to look at how streamers become successful and do something similar. GuardsmanBob lured me in with his good attitude and awesome music selection long ago.

MoldyOnions

02-01-2013

Rioters watched AGDQ?
That makes me love you guys even more.

Nanilx1

02-01-2013

You should've seen the twitch chat when the person who read off donations said "RiotAmes" Everyone was wondering if they heard him right cause they didn't think someone from Riot would be watching AGDQ, let alone donate. Also, dat super meat boy run. If everyone else saw it, you know what I'm talking about. They made double of what they made last year which was a huge shock to everyone.