Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bakabridget

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
People want it because they want it. I like that skin.

I can confidently say that most of the people opposing the sale, DON'T. EVEN. PLAY. ANNIE.
Judging by yesterday, you only wanted it to make fun of people who bought the pack.

I play Annie btw.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3064803


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lenarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iueras View Post
More like 70%. Been holding steady at that rate for hours now with constant new votes, still hovering around 70% + or - 2%

You should realize that polls are voluntary response samples. So typically, only people who feel very strongly respond. Not to mention all the players who don't use the forums. The entire poll right now is a small sample (roughly 1200) out of how many millions of players?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iueras

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaRioCed View Post
Damned if they do,
damned if they don't.

No matter what they do, they piss off a few people. It doesn't really matter.
I think that pissing off fewer people is wiser. And that subset of league players that both already have the skin from the bundle and actually care if someone else can buy it is waaaay smaller I think than all the people that would buy it is it was available. They were just louder when it counted.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DominatorV4

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
People want it because they want it. I like that skin.

I can confidently say that most of the people opposing the sale, DON'T. EVEN. PLAY. ANNIE.
You like it because its shiny and new, before the VU you wouldn't have given a damn about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razrmeister

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakabridget View Post
Judging by yesterday, you only wanted it to make fun of people who bought the pack.

I play Annie btw.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3064803
Well you're wrong. (what a surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
You like it because its shiny and new, before the VU you wouldn't have given a damn about it.
wrong again, and I have proof!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2952194&page=2

I really wanted that skin, and I believe this was BEFORE the announced visual upgrade.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razrmeister View Post
People want it because they want it. I like that skin.

I can confidently say that most of the people opposing the sale, DON'T. EVEN. PLAY. ANNIE.
I play annie. ****, a few days ago I dropped my reverse annie for a goth annie game. Reverse Annie is fun and all, but Goth Annie pre-rework is still pretty good. Coincidentally enough I was adc annie and carried hard that game. Must have something to do with the skin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iueras

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenarin View Post
You should realize that polls are voluntary response samples. So typically, only people who feel very strongly respond. Not to mention all the players who don't use the forums. The entire poll right now is a small sample (roughly 1200) out of how many millions of players?
The voting that caused the sale to be pulled was a total number just as small as this poll. And that wasn't even a poll, just a downvote count.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jumping Salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I would for reasons beyond your understanding apparently. The fact that the skin isn't sold in the shop
I stopped reading here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
26 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplague1369 View Post
Please don't ever change that. I haven't been playing that long, and i've never spoken directly to anyone from Riot, but it completely blew my mind when i learned that Riot actually cares about the people that play enough to take the time to talk to them individually about things. Most big game companies couldn't care less, they just crank out content for people to buy, whether they really like it or not. You guys seem to give a voice to the community, even when a mistake or oversight is made. It makes me feel good to know the guys making the game care not only about the quality of the game they make, but are willing to listen to input from the guys they make it for.
Big part of why I work here and why I work as hard as I do. I'm glad that it matters to you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenarin View Post
Ames, I've posted this a couple times in various places. But why does LIMITED mean never again (this is fitting here with all the discussion about are bundles limited or not). But shouldn't limited mean, its not always available, not that its NEVER available again. Isn't once a year, or once every two years still limited? (much as I wish it, not saying release the current limited ones, but maybe consider a language change)
Eh, don't try to dig too much into what the words mean. We could've called them Turtles and had the same impact at this point. It's 'Limited' as in 'Limited Edition' or 'Limited Run'. There's 500 in the system and only 500, and we will never make more. Some people buy things specifically because of it being rare. That's cool and all, but I think we've decided that generally that isn't how we want to do things going forward.

Thus, Legacy- still somewhat rare, still special, but less "Oh man, I wish I could buy Kitty Kat Katarina!"'s going around because we can satisfy those people at a time when it makes sense to do so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Docccy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-01-2013

@RiotAmes both of those things make up my life... Honestly though mate, you have truly handled this Forum thread brilliantly. Responding hastely to people with questions and having honest mature answers even if somewhat being flames, Riot are lucky yo have you bud, you are now my favorite Rioteer!