SDA runs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xsaten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Ok so I was watching the SDA charity marathon and I swear I heard someone say that Riot Ames donated. Just wondering if I was hearing stuff or not.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Necro! (Because I can, and I'm doing a rare 'search my own name')

That was me! A lot of us here in the office were watching while we worked. I actually donated a few times. Anything that gets gamers involved with good causes is awesome.

We (gamers) had a bad rep for a long time- now that culture is shifting in our direction more and more, I think it's great for us to set a good example. And even if you don't care about that, it was a ton of entertainment for not really that much spent (in my case).

There's a lot of efforts like this one that go by on these forums - I've participated in a few in one way or another.

AlmightyAtheismo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post

That was me! A lot of us here in the office were watching while we worked. I actually donated a few times. Anything that gets gamers involved with good causes is awesome.

We (gamers) had a bad rep for a long time- now that culture is shifting in our direction more and more, I think it's great for us to set a good example. And even if you don't care about that, it was a ton of entertainment for not really that much spent (in my case).

There's a lot of efforts like this one that go by on these forums - I've participated in a few in one way or another.
Begone foul necromancer!

Calys Teneb

02-01-2013

Quote:

Do you do Desert Bus? One of my friends is all over that when they play.

And it was K

02-01-2013

Quote:

Riot, ban this man.

iJamioo

02-01-2013

Quote:

Someone give this man a medal.

Zerglinator

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by And it was K View Post
Riot, ban this man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJamioo View Post
Someone give this man a medal.
Give him a ban medal.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Do you do Desert Bus? One of my friends is all over that when they play.
Haha, not every time, but I have. The thing that I latched onto the most about the SDA one isn't the speed runs (except Super Monkey Ball, holy), but the commentary along the way.

I also really enjoy the League ones. Most/all of them haven't gotten as big as SDA or Desert Bus, but everything counts.

Calys Teneb

02-01-2013

Quote:
Haha, not every time, but I have. The thing that I latched onto the most about the SDA one isn't the speed runs (except Super Monkey Ball, holy), but the commentary along the way.

I also really enjoy the League ones. Most/all of them haven't gotten as big as SDA or Desert Bus, but everything counts.
True enough. Maybe someone can organize a tourney with pros for some charity, and Riot can cast it. I don't even know where to start with something like that, but it'd be cool to see.

Draaaaaaavén

02-01-2013

Quote:

League charity runs? How does that work?