Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessamo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck...;s_Restaurants
Yes I am aware. I also said "IF THEY OFFERED" because I knew they didn't. This is 'murica. If there is a potential for a massive lawsuit where you will come out insanely rich, name me people who wouldn't jump all over that. I know I would. I'd be set for life. I'd be a deplorable human being in the process don't get me wrong, but the majority of the population would go right along with it too.
I have to conclude that you are insane. The massive lawsuit happened because they plainly refused to cover even the most basic of her medical damages.
It's in the documentation, quite plainly, that they refused basic responsibility for extensive damages.
I don't know where this weird hate on the victim comes from. It was a 79 year old woman who went to McDonald's with her grandson. Do you really think she maimed herself because "easy money yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah"?

Spectre4802

02-01-2013

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
20 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotClever View Post
Hipp I have a question for you and/or Ames. As a person who owns almost every Kayle skin (just check my account, I have Unmasked, Battle Born, Judgment, Aether Wing, and by next paycheck I'll have Viridian.) Was Silver Kayle (possibly my favorite) only available as a pre-order bonus for the physical copy? I've not seen anything other than the Digital Collectors for Goth Annie and the Champion Pack for Sivir.
That is my understanding, yes.

Quote:
On a side note would there be a chance you'd actually set up a "Bundle Skins pack" that sells all the bundle pack skins for a grouped price in consideration, maybe as a holiday deal?
No clue. I fear we'd run into the same problem with that idea as the one we're currently having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRising View Post
Thanks for the shock. Considering Hippalus' history with this forum and Reddit, though, could I be blamed?
I think Hipp does a surprisingly good job of talking to the community. He doesn't have to at all - previous people in a similar position were much less vocal. Same goes for the rest of the company. Not that I want us to be that way. I just think it's easy to forget.

Vāmp

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
This is mostly about when the skin was released, and not what event it's tied to. We stopped doing Limited and moved to Legacy a while back (after last halloween?), so that's why it seems like there's a difference.

Consider yourself shocked. Although your post did help me notice that one- I admittedly skimmed some of the coffee debate and nearly missed fadedheroz' post entirely.
Are we ever gonna get another chance to buy FrankenTibbers Annie ?

Sheogorath

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
This is mostly about when the skin was released, and not what event it's tied to. We stopped doing Limited and moved to Legacy a while back (after last halloween?), so that's why it seems like there's a difference.

Consider yourself shocked. Although your post did help me notice that one- I admittedly skimmed some of the coffee debate and nearly missed fadedheroz' post entirely.
Acknowledge mah idea sir, I wanna know how terrible it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheogorath View Post
Btw Hippalus, I was thinking of something. When you implement the gifting system, you should devise a system by which every time you gift an item you get a riot credit, which equates to 1% discount. These stack up to 50, so if you gift 50 skins you get a 50% discount on any item in the store where this is applicable (skins that would normally go on sale, or maybe even boosts ecc...). Percentage numbers would be rounded, of course.

Sessamo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vāmp View Post
Are we ever gonna get another chance to buy FrankenTibbers Annie ?
FrankenTibbers was in the last round of limited skins, along with Haunting Nocturne and Bewitching Nidalee.
There are probably people who are willing to trade though, I don't think it was a particularly beloved skin.

Ms LadyDelicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

RiotAmes and Hipp./staff

I may be in the minority but I think Riot is doing exactly what they should be doing. I personally think its amazing that they were going to sell Goth Annie but when you got down to the skin and bones of it you begin to see the flaws in selling the skin. Of course people will be unhappy, no matter what happens someone is going to be negative about it and of course a lot of people were. And now a lot of people are because you aren't selling it.

Personally, I just wish people would take a step back and thank Riot for actually taking the time to listen to us. I for one appreciate your feedback, makes me feel like you actually care about our opinions. And thanks for all that you do, even if at the end of the day you feel like the community is extremely angry at you, just remember there are some out there that understand mistakes happen.

I am excited to see whats "in-store" for what your planning on these skins. Good luck and thanks again!

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
People are pissed off no matter what you do now. Whether they have a good reason to be pissed off is another story. The main argument people who want it to remain bundle-only are using is that the skin should be exclusive. Making things exclusive can be good, but only if the reason is good.

Holiday-exclusive skins make a lot of sense. Not only does it make sense to sell the skins only around those holidays, it makes sense to only offer those skins for that year only (with exceptions of course). The former point helps create a strong feeling holiday theme, as people generally use skins that they've recently bought more. The latter point gives people something to look forward to for the next holiday. Sure, they might not be able to get last year's, but that gives all the more reason for them to stick around and see what skins will be available the next year. Everybody needs something to want.

Skin-exclusivity should have nothing to do with making people feel special or superior to those that don't have the skin. That's a bull**** attitude that breeds animosity and negativity, even if it is quite common. Such a thing is not something that we should encourage.

Finally, the entire reason that people even want Goth Annie is because it's getting an art rework. This rework isn't to reward people who bought the bundle, it's incidental. Furthermore, the vast majority of people who bought the bundle didn't buy it for the skin, they bought it because it was a good deal. I mean, you got over 10k in RP worth of champions (it was an even better deal before champion price reductions) for 3900 RP and have 1380 RP essentially refunded, reducing the cost to 2520 if you planned on spending RP for anything else.
The two main points, visual rework = should mean skins get re-released for limited time as they are essentially new, OR do not rework the exclusive/limited/legacy skins (fair is fair right?).

Bundle is a good deal because of champion prices, the skin was free.

Spectre4802

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer1 View Post
GD logic:
Riot makes a decision
GD complains
Riot does exactly what they suggest
GD COMPLAINS

WAT IS THIS.
GD is not "one person". It is a community. Communities do not think alike, especially not internet ones. This is why Politics exists. Or, this is why Political Parties exist.

Teasč

02-01-2013

I don't even own this skin, but I don't want this sale to go through just for the sheer fact that I love seeing people deprived of something.

God this thread is good.