Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Like Tanks

02-01-2013

How about Riot just releases the visually upgraded skin under a new name?

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
19 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedheroz View Post
Hippalus or RiotAmes I have this question. Why are Halloween skins limited and Christmas skins Legacy? I'm fine for the xmas skins being legacy but i always wonder why aren't they limited
This is mostly about when the skin was released, and not what event it's tied to. We stopped doing Limited and moved to Legacy a while back (after last halloween?), so that's why it seems like there's a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRising View Post
Frankly, if you got an answer from either of them at thiis point, I would be pleasantly shocked.
Consider yourself shocked. Although your post did help me notice that one- I admittedly skimmed some of the coffee debate and nearly missed fadedheroz' post entirely.

Tortferngatr

02-01-2013

...Why not do complete remakes of Human Ryze, Silver Kayle, and Black Alistar, then sell ALL the bundle skins/champions who have said skins together as a 3250 theme? (Kind of like PFE, but with more champs.)

It seems like a decent way to keep the bundle skins exclusive to those willing to pay the cash for them, yet offer them to newer players who really question the logic of buying a hard copy of LoL for a number of low-IP-cost champions and (aside from Goth Annie) less-than-awesome skins.

I'm also questioning the decision to make Nutcracko Limited, but that's just me. :P

ImNotClever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Hipp I have a question for you and/or Ames. As a person who owns almost every Kayle skin (just check my account, I have Unmasked, Battle Born, Judgment, Aether Wing, and by next paycheck I'll have Viridian.) Was Silver Kayle (possibly my favorite) only available as a pre-order bonus for the physical copy? I've not seen anything other than the Digital Collectors for Goth Annie and the Champion Pack for Sivir.

On a side note would there be a chance you'd actually set up a "Bundle Skins pack" that sells all the bundle pack skins for a grouped price in consideration, maybe as a holiday deal?

TerraRising

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
Consider yourself shocked. Although your post did help me notice that one- I admittedly skimmed some of the coffee debate and nearly missed fadedheroz' post entirely.
Thanks for the shock. Considering Hippalus' history with this forum and Reddit, though, could I be blamed?

Jayeto

02-01-2013

tbh i love how hip stated the annoucement thread on here and reddit got so many DVs quick but the poll here keeps going up on sell her separate....

LKMGinkaku

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Because people only want it because of the visual upgrade. Step back a few months and no one would give a damn about it. Suddenly because it looks "cooler" now, everyone wants it and wants to devalue it for people who bought it prior. That might not be their goal, but that would have been the outcome.
It goes back to the 3900 bundle after a certain number of days... Where's the "devalue"?

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
lol I really don't know what more to say at this point. The issue was never "ouch, coffee spill" the issue was "I was maimed by one of your faulty products"
Your iPod didn't explode upon dropping because it isn't supposed to. Kinda like how coffee isn't supposed to cause intense tissue burns.
You do understand the severity of third degree burns, right?
I have had severe second degree burns covering my entire back. I do understand the severity. Does it change the fact that she did something stupid? No.

"You trespassed on my property BUT OH you got hurt, it's ok, have compensation." You shouldn't be rewarded for being stupid even if your stupidity takes a turn for the worse due to something that was out of your hands.

You're driving drunk. Another guy is driving drunk but happens to be in your lane, head on. Due to impaired judgement, you both can't dodge each other. Is anyone at more fault here because technically if it wasn't for the other party, you wouldn't have been hurt in that situation? You'd both get railed with a nice DUI charge even though HE was in YOUR lane. He might get hit with more, but both are forced to take responsibility.

I'm sorry, but I can't feel compassion for someone who burns themselves in their crotch for sticking their coffee there and it happened to be far hotter than it should have been. EVEN IF IT WASN'T SCALDING it would have caused damage. It may not have been as severe, but it would have still been there.

Just because you bought RP due to a future planned sale that went south doesn't put Riot at fault for your actions. Like I said, they made the mistake of making the mistake in the first place. You ALSO made a mistake purchasing RP early if you did. Both are at fault. Not just one party.

SplendidSorrow

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRising View Post
Thanks for the shock. Considering Hippalus' history with this forum and Reddit, though, could I be blamed?
Nope. Especially not with their 'we don't want people to know the sale is canceled unless they come to the forums' attitude.

Sessamo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
This is mostly about when the skin was released, and not what event it's tied to. We stopped doing Limited and moved to Legacy a while back (after last halloween?), so that's why it seems like there's a difference.
It was last Hallowe'en. Haunting Nocture and Bewitching Nidalee were the last round of limited skins. Aside from Championship Riven, I think?